Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert file in csv or table
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert file in csv or table Post 302549998 by alen192 on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 11:08:58 AM
Old 08-24-2011
and if i would add a fifth column with multiple value? I must see sometimes like:
NAME |WWN |CAPACITY | RAID | PRESENTATION
-----------------------------------------------------------
vdisk1 |6005-.. |200 |5 |host1,host2,host3
vdisk2 |6004-.. |100 |1 |host 18,host23

Can you said me where can i found this type of information in some manual of awk?
Thanks
AN

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert the below file to csv format

Hi , i want to change this question, i will post soon.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth2567
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store table contents in csv file

I need to write a script to store the contents of a table in a csv file I'm using Toad, it's a Oracle database. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing data from a table into a csv file

Hi I need to write a bash script to take the data stored in 3 oracle tables .. and filter them and store the results in a csv file. It is an Oracle database Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update the table using values from a csv file

i want to run update query for oracle which is in up.sql taking values from a.csv. I have implemented shell script to do it. extn="perl" ls -1 | while read file do echo "$file,$extn" > a.csv done up.sql contains update file_list set filename=$1 where extn=$2; The code to update is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a pivot table from CSV file

Gents, Can you please help me to create a pivot table from a csv file. ( I have zip the csv file) Using the file attached, columns 1,28 and 21 i would like to get something like this output JD Val 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Txt file to HTML table and email

Hi all I need help converting a text file into a html table in bash and I need to email this table. The text file looks like the below. Two columns with multiple rows. Top row being header. Application Name Application Status Application 1 Open Application 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmanjd
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

1. This will insert the records into db table by reading from ta csv file

I have this code with me but the condition is If any of the mandatory columns are null then entire file will be rejected. LOAD DATA infile ' ' #specifies the name of a datafile containing data that you want to load BADFILE ' ' #specifies the name of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raka123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in a file and convert in a table

Hi to all, I have a file like that in attach, I need to create a table or csv with only this field: "Barcode","Device Name", "ACSL". I tried with grep with -B options but the number of lines are different for any block is different, there is a method with sed or awk to extract it. Thanks a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alen192
2 Replies
PHAR.EXTRACTTO(3)							 1							 PHAR.EXTRACTTO(3)

Phar::extractTo - Extract the contents of a phar archive to a directory

SYNOPSIS
public bool Phar::extractTo (string $pathto, [string|array $files], [bool $overwrite = false]) DESCRIPTION
Note This method requires the php.ini setting phar.readonly to be set to 0 in order to work for Phar objects. Otherwise, a PharException will be thrown. Extract all files within a phar archive to disk. Extracted files and directories preserve permissions as stored in the archive. The optional parameters allow optional control over which files are extracted, and whether existing files on disk can be overwritten. The sec- ond parameter files can be either the name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of names of files and directories to extract. By default, this method will not overwrite existing files, the third parameter can be set to true to enable overwriting of files. This method is similar to ZipArchive.extractTo(3). PARAMETERS
o $pathto - Path within an archive to the file to delete. o $files - The name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of files/directories to extract o $overwrite - Set to TRUE to enable overwriting existing files RETURN VALUES
returns TRUE on success, but it is better to check for thrown exception, and assume success if none is thrown. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws PharException if errors occur while flushing changes to disk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A Phar.extractTo(3) example <?php try { $phar = new Phar('myphar.phar'); $phar->extractTo('/full/path'); // extract all files $phar->extractTo('/another/path', 'file.txt'); // extract only file.txt $phar->extractTo('/this/path', array('file1.txt', 'file2.txt')); // extract 2 files only $phar->extractTo('/third/path', null, true); // extract all files, and overwrite } catch (Exception $e) { // handle errors } ?> SEE ALSO
PharData.extractTo(3). PHP Documentation Group PHAR.EXTRACTTO(3)