Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Passing Shell Variables to an awk command Post 302549637 by Gussifinknottle on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 01:49:36 PM
Old 08-23-2011
Hi Corona688,

Thank you. Saved me loads of trouble!

~Guss

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing shell variables to awk program..

Hello, Can we pass shell variables like $PATH etc. to a awk program part for example, awk ' { fieldValue=$PATH .... }' file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing shell variables to a rsh command

I noticed my script is not passing the value of variable alert to the rsh command. I need some assistance, please. This is a solaris environement. Thanks! :confused: #!/bin/sh echo -n "Alert number:" read alert rsh rhost_name 'egrep $alert /opt/var/log/*.logs' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lopus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to shell

Hi. I need to parse file and assign some values to variables, right now i do like below MYHOMEDIR=`awk '/Home/ {print $NF}' output.txt` MYSHELL=`awk '/Shell/ {print $NF}' output.txt` PRGRP=`awk '/Primary/ {print $NF}' output.txt` SECGRP=`awk '/Second/ {print $NF}' output.txt` In this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh passing to awk multiple dyanamic variables awk -v

Using ksh to call a function which has awk script embedded. It parses a long two element list file, filled with text numbers (I want column 2, beginning no sooner than line 45, that's the only known thing) . It's unknown where to start or end the data collection, dynamic variables will be used. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: highnthemnts
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables into AWK

I'm trying to use awk to write new entries to a hosts file if they don't exist. I need to do so depending on the type of system I have. Below is what I have, but it isn't working. awk -v myip1=$IP1 myip2=$IP2 myhost1=$HOST1 myhost2=$HOST2' BEGIN { mqhost1=0; mqhost2=0; stap1=0; stap2=0; } ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boomn4x4
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables to awk

Hi guys, I need to fetch data from logfile between two given dates,i got the below code from our forum.It works perfect,but i need to enter the value dynamically to awk while running. awk '/2012 Jun/{p=1}!/2012 Jul/ && prev~/2012 Jul/ && p{p=0}{prev=$0}p' file i tried the below code,but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Global Shell variables to awk

Hi All, Iam trying to pass global shell variables and is not working Main script is like below CYEAR=`date +"%y"` CFYEAR=`date +"%Y"` CMONTH=`date +"%m"` if then PMONTH=12 PYEAR=`expr $CYEAR - 1` PFYEAR=`expr $CFYEAR - 1` else PMONTH=`expr... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - passing variables in and out

Am looking to pass some Linux environment variables into AWK , can I simply use the -v option ? awk -F: -v AHOME=$HOME '{ if {rm AHOME/file.txt a=2 } }' config.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alldbest
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: passing shell variables through and extracting text

Hello, new to the forums and to awk. Glad to be here. :o I want to pass two shell (#!/bin/sh) variables through to awk and use them. They will determine where to start and stop text extraction. The code with the variables hard-coded in awk works fine; the same code, but with the shell... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
7 Replies
MEMBAR_OPS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     MEMBAR_OPS(3)

NAME
membar_ops, membar_enter, membar_exit, membar_producer, membar_consumer, membar_sync -- memory access barrier operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/atomic.h> void membar_enter(void); void membar_exit(void); void membar_producer(void); void membar_consumer(void); void membar_sync(void); DESCRIPTION
The membar_ops family of functions provide memory access barrier operations necessary for synchronization in multiprocessor execution envi- ronments that have relaxed load and store order. membar_enter() Any store preceding membar_enter() will reach global visibility before all loads and stores following it. membar_enter() is typically used in code that implements locking primitives to ensure that a lock protects its data. membar_exit() All loads and stores preceding membar_exit() will reach global visibility before any store that follows it. membar_exit() is typically used in code that implements locking primitives to ensure that a lock protects its data. membar_producer() All stores preceding the memory barrier will reach global visibility before any stores after the memory barrier reach global visibility. membar_consumer() All loads preceding the memory barrier will complete before any loads after the memory barrier complete. membar_sync() All loads and stores preceding the memory barrier will complete and reach global visibility before any loads and stores after the memory barrier complete and reach global visibility. SEE ALSO
atomic_ops(3) HISTORY
The membar_ops functions first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
February 11, 2007 BSD