Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hardcoding & Record counts in a file Post 302549222 by shruthidwh on Monday 22nd of August 2011 09:17:13 AM
Old 08-22-2011
HI ,

I tried the below code but it's giving the error at the datetime part.

Code:
awk 'BEGIN { print "file_name = test_count" }  print { Datetime = "date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S"} print {date = "date"} print {record_count = NR} { print $0 }'  test.csv > test_gen.csv

can you pls tell where I am doing it wrong.

Regards,
Shruthi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

file size counts??

Hello experts, I do - $ ls -lhtr logs2007* Is it possible that i can get the results of- totals size in MB/KB for ALL "logs2007*" note: in the same directory I have "logs2006*" & "logs2007*" files. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get a file name & record count of csv file

HI , I am new to shell scripting , I have a requirement that I send a file for data quality ( original.csv) & i will be getting 4 files daily into a particular directory in return with cleansed data . the files may be clean.csv, unclean.csv , ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirik
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending e-mail of record counts in 3 or more files

I am trying to load data into 3 tables simultaneously (which is working fine). Then when loaded, it should count the total number of records in all the 3 input files and send an e-mail to the user. The script is working fine, as far as loading all the 3 input files into the database tables, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

New file should store all the 7 existing filenames and their record counts and ftp th

Hi, I need help regarding below concern. There is a script and it has 7 existing files(in a path say,. usr/appl/temp/file1.txt) and I need to create one new blank file say “file_count.txt” in the same script itself. Then the new file <file_count.txt> should store all the 7 filenames and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pr293
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file & assign those values to variables in the script

For eg: I have sample.txt file with 4 rows of record like: user1|password1 user2|password2 user3|password3 user4|password4 The username and password is sepsrated by '|' I want to get the 1st row value from the file and assign it to two different variables(username and password) in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya001
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counts not matching in file

I can not figure out why there are 56,548 unique entries in test.bed. However, perl and awk see only 56,543 and that # is what my analysis see's as well. What happened to the 5 missing? Thank you :). The file is attached as well. cmccabe@DTV-A5211QLM:~/Desktop/NGS/bed/bedtools$wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File:Filter duplicate records from column1 & another column having unique record

Hi Experts, I have csv file with 30, 40 columns Pasting just 2 column for problem description. Need to print error if below combination is not present in file check for column-1 (DocumentNumber) and filter columns where value in DocumentNumber field is same. For all such rows, the field... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicated records and update last line record counts

Hi Gurus, I need to remove duplicate line in file and update TRAILER (last line) record count. the file is comma delimited, field 2 is key to identify duplicated record. I can use below command to remove duplicated. but don't know how to replace last line 2nd field to new count. awk -F","... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
11 Replies
EEP24C(1)						      General Commands Manual							 EEP24C(1)

NAME
eep24c - read and write 24Cxxx eeprom devices SYNOPSIS
eep24c -d device [ -r[n] filename | -w[n] filename | -k[n] filename | -f[n] xx ] DESCRIPTION
The command eep24c can be used to read and write 24Cxxx eeprom devices. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -d device Specify the device type. To see a list of the supported devices, try -d help -r filename Read from eeprom and save to a file. -w filename Read from a file and write to eeprom. The addresses not specified in the input file will be filled with 00. -k filename Read from a file and write to eeprom. The addresses not specified in the input file will be kept with its previous values. (this mode is twice slower. It reads whole memory to know previous values, then write whole memory) -f XX Fills the whole eeprom with XX (XX is an hexadecimal value) n Can be used to multiply clock time. If you have a long cable, you may use this option. Example: -r5 will read eeprom 5 times slower (pulse width will be standard value multiplied by 5). Valid range for n is from 1 to 50. Default value is 1. USAGE EXAMPLES
eep24c -d 24c04 -r file.hex read eeprom, write to file.hex eep24c -d 24c04 -r3 file.hex read eeprom, write to file.hex, 3 times slower. eep24c -d 24c04 -w file.hex read file.hex and write to eeprom. All the bytes not found in file.hex will be written as 00. eep24c -d 24c04 -k file.hex read file.hex and write to eeprom. All the bytes not found in file.hex will remain unchanged. eep24c -d 24c04 -f 7A fill eeprom with 7A (hexadecimal). INPUT AND OUTPUT FORMAT
Input and output file format is Intel Hexadecimal Object File Format You can find this specification at ftp://download.intel.com/support/processors/ i960/devtools/INTELHEX.PDF Record types 00 and 01 are implemented in this version. In input lines, LF and CR+LF are accepted as newline markers. Output files are generated with LF as a newline marker. DEVICE SPECIFIC
If you are using Microchip 24*515, you must tie its pin A2 to VCC (needs a hardware modification, see device datasheet). SEE ALSO
ihex2txt(1), txt2ihex(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Pedro Zorzenon Neto <pzn@vztech.com.br>. 2002-11-14 EEP24C(1)