Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ftp : Size
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ftp : Size Post 302548832 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of August 2011 11:45:49 AM
Old 08-19-2011
FTP is very simple and stupid. It doesn't do anything recursive like that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp file size

how to compare file size which has been received through ftp get from a remote location with local copy available any clue regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathiya
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp hangs on file size = 0

I have an ftp process which runs every 10 minutes between Unix and an NT box. Normally it works, but when the script tries to get a file from NT that has a length of 0, the ftp process hangs (as if it is still waiting for the end of the file). This is the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinrich
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file size in bytes is different in ftp and local pc

Hi how can it be that say i have text (xls) file that is 661 bytes when i upload it to Solaris ftp its becomes 650 byes and when i downloading it back its again 661 bytes both in my local pc and Solaris ftp the file remains not corrupted and valid (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare file size after ftp?

Is possible if I want to campare file size on source and destination after ftp transfer? If anybody know, please explain to me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: icemania
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check file size before and after FTP

I want to trasfer file from 1. Unix server A to server B 2. Unix server A to windows directory Is there a way to check the size before and after FTP. I want to check the size of the file in server A before FTP and in server B after FTP in case 1 In case 2 I want to check the size of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i.scientist
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp. copy if size differs

Hi. On my system there is a script which making backup to ftp site. But it leaves copy of files on local machine. Then i go to Midnight Commander and check manually with MC features - i open ftp directory and copy files <if size differs>. So, how can i do the last thing in shell or other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the size of a file after FTP

Hi I am doing a FTP process through which I am copying a file from my local server to Remote server. After this I want to check the size of the file Below is my program: LOCALDIR=/batch/ediprocess REMOTESERVER=test.appl.com REMOTEPATH=batch/ftpTest LOGIN=px PASSWORD=abcd ftp -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP a huge Size file

Dear All, Good Evening!! I have a requirement to ftp a 220GB backup file to a remote backup server. I wrote a script for this purpose. But it takes more than 8 hours to transfer this file. Is there any other method to do it in less time??? Thanks in Advance!!! ---------- Post updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP zero size file

Hi AM using unix Aix Ksh I need to clarify regarding sending the zero size file to another server. VAL=ftp.sh -c put souce_file Dest_file $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $VAL 2 > $ERR When am Sending the Zero Size File getting alerts netout write returned Zero. But i would like to know $VAL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
4 Replies
Authen::Simple::FTP(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Authen::Simple::FTP(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::FTP - Simple FTP authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::FTP; my $ftp = Authen::Simple::FTP->new( host => 'ftp.company.com' ); if ( $ftp->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::FTP PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleFTP_host "ftp.company.com" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::FTP AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
Authenticate against a FTP service. METHODS
* new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: * host Connection host, can be a hostname or IP number. Defaults to "localhost". host => 'ftp.company.com' host => '10.0.0.1' * port Connection port, default to 21. port => 21 * timeout Connection timeout, defaults to 60. timeout => 60 * log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::FTP') * authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple. Net::FTP. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "ch@ngmedia.com" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-01 Authen::Simple::FTP(3pm)