Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mysql server start issue
Operating Systems Linux mysql server start issue Post 302548663 by yazu on Friday 19th of August 2011 02:41:56 AM
Old 08-19-2011
I don't understand. What is your task in more detail?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql issue

I have a lot of files getting this on a new install of phpmysql 4.3.4 any ideas what would be causing this... Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /home/httpd/vhosts/ucandevelopments.com/httpdocs/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackrose
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Apache start issue

Hi group, I need help to start apache in following scenario: 1) Say apache is installed on solaris OS by user 'root'. 2) An entry is there in httpd.conf that says to start apache process as user: #User <RUN_AS_USER> is edited as User user1 2) Now say user2 has logged and tries to start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs266
6 Replies

4. Programming

MySQL service start error

Hi, I have installed MySql version 5.0.67 in RedHat LINUX version 5. The installation completed successfully. When I am trying to start the service an error occured the error shown below ".......Manager of pid-file quit without updating file" Can anyone help me to fix the problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
4 Replies

5. Web Development

Strange Mysql issue

Hi all, I recently changed the name of my hostname from 'abc123' to 'abc456' (as an example). I then added a user in my mysql database with the new host and removed references to the old users and hostname. The strange thing is though, a process using the database still uses the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
1 Replies

6. Solaris

To Shut down the server. Do the Maintainance and Start Up the server

Hello All I just want to know how to Shut Down the Solaris Machines( Servers ) for Maintainance and then Start Up the Machines ( Servers ) . I think I will have to Log In as root to do that . Also how do i Check if all the services running on that server before shut down are running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to auto start MySQL server on Opensolaris after rebooting the machine?

Hi, In Linux, I will do it by editing the /etc/rc.d/rc.local . However, I can't find a rc.local file in Opensolaris. So, how can I do it in Opensolaris? I am new to opensolaris, so please teach me step by step. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

MySQL (mysqld) fails to start!

Hello, I have recently installed MySql and I encourage an error. I am using Fedora 15 and when I am trying to start mysqld service i am getting the following error message: Starting mysqld (via systemctl): Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details. If I try to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot_pro
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_MYSQL()													     OCF_HEARTBEAT_MYSQL()

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_mysql-proxy - Manages a MySQL Proxy daemon SYNOPSIS
mysql-proxy [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This script manages MySQL Proxy as an OCF resource in a high-availability setup. Tested with MySQL Proxy 0.7.0 on Debian 5.0. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binary Full path to the MySQL Proxy binary. For example, "/usr/sbin/mysql-proxy". (optional, string, default /usr/sbin/mysql-proxy) defaults_file Full path to a MySQL Proxy configuration file. For example, "/etc/mysql-proxy.conf". (unique, optional, string, no default) proxy_backend_addresses Address:port of the remote backend-servers (default: 127.0.0.1:3306). (optional, string, default 127.0.0.1:3306) proxy_read_only_backend_addresses Address:port of the remote (read only) slave-server (default: ). (optional, string, default 127.0.0.1:3306) proxy_address Listening address:port of the proxy-server (default: :4040). You can also specify a socket like "/tmp/mysql-proxy.sock". (optional, string, default :4040) log_level Log all messages of level (error|warning|info|message|debug|) or higher. An empty value disables logging. (optional, string, no default) keepalive Try to restart the proxy if it crashed (default: ). Valid values: true or false. An empty value equals "false". (optional, string, no default) admin_address Listening address:port of the admin-server (default: 127.0.0.1:4041). (optional, string, default 127.0.0.1:4041) admin_username Username to allow to log in (default: ). (optional, string, no default) admin_password Password to allow to log in (default: ). (optional, string, no default) admin_lua_script Script to execute by the admin plugin. (optional, string, no default) parameters The MySQL Proxy daemon may be called with additional parameters. Specify any of them here. (optional, string, no default) pidfile PID file (unique, optional, string, default /var/run/resource-agents/mysql-proxy-default.pid) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. reload Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a mysql-proxy resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_mysql-proxy ocf:heartbeat:mysql-proxy op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/mysql-proxy_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) OCF_HEARTBEAT_MYSQL()