Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Could not chdir to home directory : I/O error Post 302543755 by kalpeer on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 02:36:17 AM
Old 08-02-2011
MySQL Could not chdir to home directory : I/O error

When I login to Solaris 8 server I am getting the below error message

Code:
Could not chdir to home directory /users/test: I/O error

: ls /users/test
/users/test: I/O error
exitcode: 2

Previously I am able to login to server without any issue. Only now I am facing this error.

Regards,
Kalai

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 08-02-2011 at 10:39 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

c++ home directory??

when i compile *.cpp files the compiler didn't find the non standart includes.If i have to put the full path of the includet files where shall i begin from root dirctory or i heve to put includet files in cpp home directory??? can i compile java files in unix(linux mandrake 7) if yes haw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd into home directory ~

I'm trying to cd into a home directory with cd ~username_here and I'm getting the following error: ~username_here: does not exist The directory exists and I can directly go to it via cd /export/home/username_here without any problems. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory

Hi what is the difference between the directory named /home and the user's home directory? can anyone plz reply? really confuse about it!!!!!!!! thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia3100
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Could not chdir to home directory

I have SunOS 5.8. Yesterday when i tried to log in I got message: Could not chdir to home directory /export/home/blahblah: No such file or directory Instead of the home directory i used to get in, I was bounced to the root directory. I searched through the filesystems but could not find my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liux99
2 Replies

5. Programming

Getting Home Directory

Hi I need to get the home directory of current user who is running the program, also i need to store the value in a particular variable and pass to the function. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Hi, on logging into oracle account i got these error message Could not chdir to home directory /home/oracle: No such file or directory /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth: error in locking authority file /home/oracle/.Xauthority found the command used in creating user was usermod -d /home/oracle -m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi all, I just got an account created on a Linux box. When I log in, I got the error message " Could not chdir to home directory /home/yyyy : No such file or directory". When I checked the /etc/passwd file, I could see that my home directory is there. i thought when the account is created the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
LOGIN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  LOGIN(1)

NAME
login -- log into the computer SYNOPSIS
login [-pq] [-h hostname] [user] login -f [-lpq] [-h hostname] [user [prog [args...]]] DESCRIPTION
The login utility logs users (and pseudo-users) into the computer system. If no user is specified, or if a user is specified and authentication of the user fails, login prompts for a user name. Authentication of users is configurable via pam(8). Password authentication is the default. The following options are available: -f When a user name is specified, this option indicates that proper authentication has already been done and that no password need be requested. This option may only be used by the super-user or when an already logged in user is logging in as themselves. With the -f option, an alternate program (and any arguments) may be run instead of the user's default shell. The program and argu- ments follows the user name. -h Specify the host from which the connection was received. It is used by various daemons such as telnetd(8). This option may only be used by the super-user. -l Tells the program executed by login that this is not a login session (by convention, a login session is signalled to the program with a hyphen as the first character of argv[0]; this option disables that), and prevents it from chdir(2)ing to the user's home direc- tory. The default is to add the hyphen (this is a login session). -p By default, login discards any previous environment. The -p option disables this behavior. -q This forces quiet logins, as if a .hushlogin is present. If the file /etc/nologin exists, login dislays its contents to the user and exits. This is used by shutdown(8) to prevent users from logging in when the system is about to go down. Immediately after logging a user in, login displays the system copyright notice, the date and time the user last logged in, the message of the day as well as other information. If the file .hushlogin exists in the user's home directory, all of these messages are suppressed. -q is specified, all of these messages are suppressed. This is to simplify logins for non-human users, such as uucp(1). login then records an entry in utmpx(5) and the like, and executes the user's command interpreter (or the program specified on the command line if -f is speci- fied). The login utility enters information into the environment (see environ(7)) specifying the user's home directory (HOME), command interpreter (SHELL), search path (PATH), terminal type (TERM) and user name (both LOGNAME and USER). Some shells may provide a builtin login command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The login utility will submit an audit record when login succeeds or fails. Failure to determine the current auditing state will result in an error exit from login. FILES
/etc/motd message-of-the-day /etc/nologin disallows logins /var/run/utmpx current logins /var/mail/user system mailboxes .hushlogin makes login quieter /etc/pam.d/login pam(8) configuration file /etc/security/audit_user user flags for auditing /etc/security/audit_control global flags for auditing SEE ALSO
builtin(1), chpass(1), newgrp(1), passwd(1), rlogin(1), getpass(3), utmpx(5), environ(7) HISTORY
A login utility appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
September 13, 2006 BSD