Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Install update 6 on solaris with update 3 Post 302543689 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 1st of August 2011 06:39:31 PM
Old 08-01-2011
just patching won't take you to update 6... you'll need to upgrade.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

After update Solaris version, HBA driver still need to install?

Hi all I had update a server from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 is it the HBA driver still need to reinstall? since i can get the driver info as below: root@sgerpdev # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000003ba9b58a3 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c1 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

2. Linux

Yum update/install script

Any one know of a way to do a yum -install and draw the argument of what to install from a text file? I have a huge list of rpms that I have to install on a bunch of machines and I would like to run one script that goes to each machine and installs all rpms in the list I have. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rd42
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Install solaris 10 (update 10) 0811

I have Solaris 10 initial load from I think 2005 installed. We need to update to latest update on solaris 10 so have download the update 10 (0811). I will be doing a install from single user mode.... looking at the readme file it states running the installpatchset using switches "--apply-prereq"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcart
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 6.1 TL8 update : bos.aso doesn't install.

Hello. An update of TL from TL7 to TL8 is ending with errors : Requisite Failures ------------------ SELECTED FILESETS: The following is a list of filesets that you asked to install. They cannot be installed until all of their requisite filesets are also installed. See subsequent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
4 Replies

5. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

7. AIX

Update vs. install media, and LPP_SOURCE naming

Hello all, Relative AIX novice here: I'm trying to clarify the naming of AIX install vs. update media, and how best to name my lpp_sources on my NIM server. An example: I have two sets of DVDs from IBM (ordered via Entitled Software Support) sitting in front of me for 7100-03-04. One set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmark
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to update Solaris 10 Update 3 to Update 11?

Hi friends, We have a Solaris machine running 10 update 3 -bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
selinux-policy-upgrade(8)				      System Manager's Manual					 selinux-policy-upgrade(8)

NAME
selinux-policy-upgrade - upgrade the modules in the SE Linux policy database from a policy package SYNOPSIS
selinux-policy-upgrade DESCRIPTION
selinux-policy-upgrade this command will upgrade all policy modules (including the base modules) for to the versions that are under /usr/share/selinux/SELINUXTYPE SEE ALSO
selinux(8), sestatus(8), selinuxenabled(1), load_policy(8), semodule(8), postfix-nochroot(8), check-selinux-installation(8), selinux-con- fig-enforcing(8), http://wiki.debian.org/SELinux - More about SELinux Debian install, http://etbe.coker.com.au/tag/selinux/ - Russell's SE Linux blog posts. AUTHOR
This program and it's man page was written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Per- mission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3. selinux-policy-upgrade(8)