Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl SFTP, to get, sort and process every file. Post 302540233 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 20th of July 2011 04:50:50 AM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort file in perl

Hi, I have an entry file for a perl script from which I need to remove duplicate entry. For example: one:two:three one:four:five two:one:three must become : one:two:three two:one:three The duplicate entry is only the first field. I try many options of sort system command but don't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annececile
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a file by date using perl

Hello, do any body help me to sort a file by date using perl? thanks in advance Esham (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl find::file can I sort the out put

Perl file::find can I sort the out put I am using file::find in my script but how I wish to process each file found in date order. Can I sort this module? eg part of current script is.... use File::Find; # Recursively find all files and directories in $mqueue_directory find(\&wanted,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Sort on Text File

Hi, I have a file of names and I want perl to do a sort on this file. How can I sort this list of names using perl? I'm thinking of a command like: @sorted = sort { lc($a) cmp lc($b) } @not_sorted # alphabetical sort The only thing I'm sort of unsure of is, how would I get the name in my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
6 Replies

5. AIX

loop through the directory for files and sort by date and process the first file

hello i have a requirement where i have a direcotry in which i get files in the format STOCKS.20080114.dat STOCKS.20080115.dat STOCKS.20080117.dat STOCKS.20080118.dat i need to loop through the directory and sort by create date descending order and i need to process the first file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl function to sort a file based on key fields

Hi, I am new to PERL.I want to sort all the lines in a file based on 1,2 and 4th filelds. Can U suggest me a command/function in perl for this operation.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikd214
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort file with non ascii chars and cjk with perl

Hello, I am not a programmer, please be patient. Actually, I have started to look into Perl because it seems to be able to solve all the problems (or most of them) I happen meet using my computer. These problems are generally all text-manipulation-related. Although I started to study, I cannot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsog
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to sort an Excel file

Hello! I need to sort a file that is partly in English partly in Bulgarian. The original file is an Excel file but I converted it to a tab-delimited text file. The encoding of the tab delimited file is UTF-8. To sort the text, the script should test every line of the text file to see if... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: degoor
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Process each File!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here in unix. I'm just wondering how can i process each file while in sftp? is it possible? Ex. server1 1.txt 2.txt how can i get the top of the file and process it. output: 1.txt is going to process because it's in the top. i can't figure out how to do it. T_T... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort flat file by 3rd column in perl

Hello Guys I want to sort a flat file by the third column (numeric ) and store it in some other name I/P 9924873|20111114|00000000000013013|130|13|10/15/2010 12:36:22|W860944|N|00 9924873|20111114|00000000000013009|130|09|10/15/2010 12:36:22|W860944|N|00... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
12 Replies
libssh2_sftp_init(3)						  libssh2 manual					      libssh2_sftp_init(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_init - open SFTP channel for the given SSH session. SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> LIBSSH2_SFTP * libssh2_sftp_init(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) Open a channel and initialize the SFTP subsystem. Although the SFTP subsystem operates over the same type of channel as those exported by the Channel API, the protocol itself implements its own unique binary packet protocol which must be managed with the libssh2_sftp_*() fam- ily of functions. When an SFTP session is complete, it must be destroyed using the libssh2_sftp_shutdown(3) function. RETURN VALUE
A pointer to the newly allocated SFTP instance or NULL on failure. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN - Marked for non-blocking I/O but the call would block. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_shutdown(3) libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_init(3)