Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search replace strings between single quotes in a text file Post 302539098 by radoulov on Friday 15th of July 2011 08:18:49 AM
Old 07-15-2011
Code:
sed "s/'[^']*'/NOTFOUND/g" infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace text in same file

script is as below v_process_run=5 typeset -i p_cnt=0 pdata=/home/proc_data.log while do # execute script in background dummy_test.sh "a1" "a2" & p_cnt=$p_cnt+1 echo "data : $p_cnt : Y" >> $pdata done file created with following data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace a text in a file

Hi all, I have a requirement where i have to search data between strings 'SELECT' and ';' and replace this text as "SELECT.....;" so that i can export this extracted string into a excel cell. Please suggest on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
5 Replies

4. Linux

Replace cloud symbol with single quotes

Dear Experts My source file contains the symbol cloud (☁). How do i replace this ☁ symbol whose Unicode value is 2601 in linux file with single quotes ? Any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pklcnu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Search and replace in text file

Hi, I have gigabytes of text files that I need to search for "&" and replace with "&amp". Is there a way to do this efficiently (like sed command)? Hope you could help. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search replace strings between single quotes

Hi All, I need to serach and replace a strings between single quote in a file. My file has : location='/data1/test.log' and the output needed is location='/data2/test_dir/test.log' pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk. I have a script, but it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to lower case except the strings within single quotes

Shell : bash that comes with RHEL 6.7 I have SQL scripts like below. I want to convert all the text in these files to lower case except the strings enclosed within single quotes . Any idea how I can achieve this ? Sample text: $ cat sample.txt SELECT ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a text between two strings in a file using regex

Here is my sample file data: My requirement is to have a regex expression that is able to search for visible starting string "SSLInsecureRenegotiation Off" between strings "<VirtualHost " and "</VirtualHost>". In the sample data two lines should be matched. Below is what I tried but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
replace(1)							  MySQL database							replace(1)

NAME
replace - A utility program that is used by msql2mysql, but that has more general applicability as well. replace changes strings in place in files or on the standard input. Uses a finite state machine to match longer strings first. Can be used to swap strings. USAGE
replace [-?svIV] from to from to ... -- [files] or replace [-?svIV] from to from to ... < fromfile > tofile SYNOPSIS
replace [-?|-I] [-s] [-v] DESCRIPTION
replace -?|-I info -s silent -v verbose EXTRA INFO
Special characters in from string: ^ Match start of line. $ Match end of line.  Match space-character, start of line or end of line. For a end  the next replace starts locking at the end space-character. A  alone in a string matches only a space-character. EXAMPLE
this command swaps a and b in the given files: shell> replace a b b a -- file1 file2 ... SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysql_fix_privi- lege_tables(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com/). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercur- media.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 replace(1)