Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rouch acts strange after touching around Post 302538945 by Corona688 on Thursday 14th of July 2011 03:02:35 PM
Old 07-14-2011
atimes can be funny. Many systems don't bother keeping them at all (to reduce the number of useless disk writes) and some don't bother updating them if the time difference is too small.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange

Hi All I am doing a locate <file_name> on my Redhat 7 System. I am unable to get the output. All the keep getting is: locate: this is not a vlaid slocate database: /var/lib/locate/slocate.db What des this mean? Is my system compromised? Thanks in advance. KS (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
13 Replies

2. Solaris

Something strange...

Hi all, Thanks for any replies and for reading in advance. We have upgraded one of our database instances to 10g on a Solaris 8 box, anyhow the other day it started trying to ping loads of weird IP addresses that we don't use, since our systems all run on pretty similar IP's. It all behind... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
0 Replies

3. Programming

touching a file which contains slash char

i need to create a file which contains (/) character. Any help to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: axes
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any s/w acts like UNIX?

Hi Frnds, I do not have UNIX OS and I am practicing on shell programming. is there any software that acts like UNIX? just to practice shell programming. Thanks in advance, Rashmy. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
6 Replies

5. Programming

Help with a C program that acts like the make utility

Hi, I'm trying to create a C program that functions like the make utility in UNIX for personal use. My program would read in from a generic makefile and execute whatever is in that makefile but I'm not sure as to where I should start coding. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kratos.
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing rights without touching user and group?

Hello, I have a small problem and would be happy if someone could help me to find a solution: A machine ("server") makes backups of different computers ("clients") using rsync. Users and groups are keept, so that it's possible to copy them back to the client if required. The number of groups... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tracer
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touching files?

So, I think this is a really stupid question, but I'd like to see if I am right. If the following commands are entered: umask 000 touch file1 umask111 touch file2 ...nothing should happen...right? The touch operation isn't going to apply any changes from umask to file1 (and same to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Midwest Product
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove commas if touching any letters

I have a csv file that I am trying to edit. I need to remove any comma that is touching a letter. I used this command to find them. grep , moz_places_good.csv | head -n 10 | grep ,I would think I could use some form of this to just delete the commas and not the letter before it. Just not sure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)				  Allegro manual				  set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)

NAME
set_display_switch_mode - Tells Allegro how the program handles background switching. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int set_display_switch_mode(int mode); DESCRIPTION
Sets how the program should handle being switched into the background, if the user tabs away from it. Not all of the possible modes will be supported by every graphics driver on every platform. The available modes are: SWITCH_NONE Disables switching. This is the default in single-tasking systems like DOS. It may be supported on other platforms, but you should use it with caution, because your users won't be impressed if they want to switch away from your program, but you don't let them! SWITCH_PAUSE Pauses the program whenever it is in the background. Execution will be resumed as soon as the user switches back to it. This is the default in most fullscreen multitasking environments, for example the Linux console, but not under Windows. SWITCH_AMNESIA Like SWITCH_PAUSE, but this mode doesn't bother to remember the contents of video memory, so the screen, and any video bitmaps that you have created, will be erased after the user switches away and then back to your program. This is not a terribly useful mode to have, but it is the default for the fullscreen drivers under Windows because DirectDraw is too dumb to implement anything better. SWITCH_BACKGROUND The program will carry on running in the background, with the screen bitmap temporarily being pointed at a memory buffer for the fullscreen drivers. You must take special care when using this mode, because bad things will happen if the screen bitmap gets changed around when your program isn't expecting it (see below). SWITCH_BACKAMNESIA Like SWITCH_BACKGROUND, but this mode doesn't bother to remember the contents of video memory (see SWITCH_AMNESIA). It is again the only mode supported by the fullscreen drivers under Windows that lets the program keep running in the background. Note that you should be very careful when you are using graphics routines in the switching context: you must always call acquire_screen() before the start of any drawing code onto the screen and not release it until you are completely finished, because the automatic locking mechanism may not be good enough to work when the program runs in the background or has just been raised in the foreground. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success, invalidating at the same time all callbacks previously registered with set_display_switch_callback(). Returns -1 if the requested mode is not currently possible. SEE ALSO
set_display_switch_callback(3alleg4), get_display_switch_mode(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4), exswitch(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)