Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK File Split
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK File Split Post 302538594 by kmsekhar on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 12:40:17 PM
Old 07-13-2011
AWK File Split

Hi All,

Input.txt
Code:
XYZONEABC                  
CZXTWOJJJ
KKKSIXOOO
asdfhajlsdhfajs
asdfasfasdf

Output Files:
Code:
ONE.txt
XYZONEABC                 

Code:

TWO.txt CZXTWOJJJ
SIX.txt KKKSIXOOO

I had a script
File.awk
Code:
awk '!/^$/{
a=substr($0,3,3)
print $0 > a".txt"
}' Input.txt

above script will use the substr and split the data accordingly..
I need to fetch only ONE,TWO,SIX records and i need to get only three files(ONE.txt, TWO.txt, SIX.txt) always i need to fetch these files only on every run i need to ignore other records..

Thanks

Last edited by Franklin52; 07-14-2011 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file using awk

I am trying to read a file and split the file into multiple files. I need to create new files with different set of lines from the original file. ie, the first output file may contain 10 lines and the second 100 lines and so on. The criteria is to get the lines between two lines starting with some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvar
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file with awk

I did a lot of search on this forum on spiting file; found a lot, but my requirement is a bit different, please guide. Master file: x:start:5 line1:23 line2:12 2:90 x:end:5 x:start:2 45:56 22:90 x:end:2 x:start:3 line1:23 line2:12 x:end:3 x:start:2 line5:23 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uwork72
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - split file

How can I split a text file (in awk) in n others with number of record given in input? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinguc
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a file using awk

Hi , I just need to split a file and outputfiles are redirected to gzip file need: Input file - A.gz content of A.gz is 100|sfdds|dffdds|200112|sdfdf 100|sfdds|dffdds|200112|sdfdf 100|sfdds|dffdds|200112|sdfdf 100|sfdds|dffdds|200212|sdfdf 100|sfdds|dffdds|200212|sdfdf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file using AWK?

Hello, I have a file like the following: david,a,b,c,20,r thomas,a,b,c,30,r willaiam,a,b,c,80,r barbara,a,b,c,100,r I would like to split the file into other files using a condition for the contents of column 5. The condition should be a if the contents of column 5 is in a range... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keenboy100
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file with awk

Hi! I have a file like this: a,b,c,12,d,e a,b,c,13,d,e a,b,c,14,d,e a,b,c,15,d,e a,b,c,16,d,e a,b,c,17,d,e I need to split that file in two: If field 4 is equal or higher than 14 that row goes to one file and if it is equal or higher than 15 to another. Can anyone point me in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file split

Hi all, First of all I' like to mention that I'm pretty new to unix scripting. :( I'm trying to split an large xml with awk and rename it based on the values of two attributes. Example XML <RECORD> <element1>11</element1> <element2>22</element2> <element3>33</element3>... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: f0usk4s
18 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split file using awk

I need to split the incoming source file in to multiple files using awk. Split position is (6,13) : 8 positions All the records that are greater than 20170101 and less than or equal to 20181231 should go in a split file with file name as source... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
11 Replies
mdbFontset(5)							 The m17n Library						     mdbFontset(5)

NAME
mdbFontset - Fontset DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads a fontset definition from the m17n database by the tags <fontset, FONTSET-NAME>. The plist format of the data is as follows: FONTSET ::= PER-SCRIPT * PER-CHARSET * FALLBACK * PER-SCRIPT ::= '(' SCRIPT PER-LANGUAGE + ')' PER-LANGUAGE ::= '(' LANGUAGE FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT + ')' PER-CHARSET ::= '(' CHARSET FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT + ')' FALLBACK ::= FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC [ FLT-NAME ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY [ OTF-SPEC ] [ LANG-SPEC ] ')' SCRIPT is a symbol of script name (e.g. latin, han) or nil. LANGUAGE is a two-letter symbol of language name code defined by ISO 639 (e.g. ja, zh) or nil. FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. OTF-SPEC is a symbol specifyng the required OTF features. The symbol name has the following syntax. OTF-SPEC-NAME ::= ':otf=' SCRIPT LANGSYS ? GSUB-FEATURES ? GPOS-FEATURES ? SCRIPT ::= SYMBOL LANGSYS ::= '/' SYMBOL GSUB-FEATURES ::= '=' FEATURE-LIST ? GPOS-FEATURES ::= '+' FEATURE-LIST ? FEATURE-LIST ::= '~' ? FEATURE ( ',' '~' ? FEATURE ',' ) Here, FEATURE is a four-letter Open Type feature. LANG-SPEC is a symbol specifying the required language support. The symbol name has the following syntax. LANG-SPEC-NAME ::= ':lang=' LANG Here, LANG is a two or three-letter ISO-639 language code. FLT-NAME is a name of Font Layout Table (Font Layout Table). EXAMPLE
This is an example of PER_SCRIPT. (han (ja ((jisx0208.1983-0))) (zh ((gb2312.1980-0))) (nil ((big5-0)))) It instructs the font selector to use a font of registry 'jisx0208.1983-0' for a 'han' character (i.e. a character whose Mscript property is 'han') if the character has Mlanguage text property 'ja' in an M-text and the character is in the repertories of such fonts. Otherwise, try a font of registry 'gb2312.1980-0' or 'big5-0'. If that 'han' character does not have Mlanguage text property, try all three fonts. See the function mdraw_text() for the detail of how a font is selected. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontset(5)