Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell - Replace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell - Replace Post 302538589 by Corona688 on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 12:27:30 PM
Old 07-13-2011
Code:
awk '{ print "TEST" $0 }' < infile > outfile

$0 is a special variable in awk which means 'the entire line'.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace a value with another in shell script

hai everybody, i am new to scripting,i have to replace a value with another value ina script...both the values i have got in two seperate variables...can anyone give me the syntax how to do this in a shell script... ie. e1=$5,e2=$6 v2=$1,v3=$7 now i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Babu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find a shell and replace the line

I need a shell which makes a search of an UNIX script and them modifies. :confused: vi $(grep -l 5 $(find . -name 'vellon.bcf' -print)) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvellon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace shell (sh)

Hi, I need to replace the old "sh" binaries with a new binary. what could be the steps for the same. some details: =============== root@mymachine// $ find / -name sh -print /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/posix/sh /usr/newconfig/etc/mail/cf/sh /var/jail/wp_internet/usr/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace xml values -- Shell --

Hello all, I try to create a bash script but till now without any positiv results. The script should replace different variables in a text file with the right xml values Look at the following xml file: file.xml =================================== <?xml version="1.0"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to replace text

I need a little help with a shell script. I want to be able to specify parameters so that the script searches multiple files (specified as parameters) and only modifies the file if it finds the string of text. For the files it doesn't find the string of text within, it should leave it alone. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joebaber
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a string in the last shell command

for example the last command i run is: tail -f 2010123114_mta2.wmwm.com_postfix-MDAD.log | grep XXXX and i want to raplace '2010123114' with '2010123115', and i don't want to go back to the position and delete 4 and add 5 is there a way to replace a string? like !!//123114/123115 or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wljackhero
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace in Shell script

Friends, I have more than 1000 lines in text file which needs to be converted as UPPERCASE by adding _ com.sun.url=www.sun.com com.ssl.port=808 com.ui.path=/apps/ssi Expected output com.sun.url=_COM.SUN.URL_ com.ssl.port=_COM.SSL.PORT_ com.ui.path=_COM.UI.PATH_ Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in shell

I have a server.xml in about 50 instances of JBOSS servers which has the following line <Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="jboss.web"> I need to append something into this line based on the hostname . For example hostname abcdprod40j.corp.abc.net <Engine defaultHost="localhost"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gubbu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace with shell variable in awk

Hi, Probably this is a out of scope of the thread. I have a requirement as below I have a file with below content CMD //DS > testfile I have to replace //DS with a value which is assigned to a variable outside using awk gsub. For example var=TEST I expect an output as CMD TEST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ratheesh Nair
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace character in shell scripting

Hi, I need to replace the space " " with underscore "_" using shell scripting. The data are inside the text file. Is there are any simple code to that.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopishrine
3 Replies
SHAPELIB(1)							   User Commands						       SHAPELIB(1)

NAME
shprewind - fix polygon ring orientations in ESRI shapefiles SYNOPSIS
shprewind infile outfile DESCRIPTION
Makes a copy of the shapefile infile to outfile and fixes the orientation of points in the rings of Polygon, PolygonZ, and PolygonM typed shapes to conform to the shapefile specification. According to the specification, the vertices of outer rings should be oriented clockwise on the X/Y plane, and those of inner rings counterclockwise. Shapefiles actually consist of two files with the same basename and extensions .shp and .shx (or .SHP and .SHX) containing the shape data and shape index respectively. The files to open are determined by first stripping any filename extension from infile and attempting to open the files infile.shp or infile.SHP, and infile.shx or infile.SHX for the respective data and index files. The files to create from outfile are determined by stripping any filename extension from outfile and appending .shp and .shx suffixes for the respective data and index files. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful program execution. 1 Missing infile or outfile arguments, failed to open shapefile infile or create shapefile outfile. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued on stdout: Unable to open:infile Unable to create:outfile count objects rewound. AUTHORS
Frank Warmerdam (warmerdam@pobox.com) is the maintainer of the shapelib shapefile library. Joonas Pihlaja (jpihlaja@cc.helsinki.fi) wrote this man page. BUGS
The implementation assumes that there is at most one outer ring in each shape, that it is the first ring in a shape, and all other rings in a shape are inner rings. Polygons inside MultiPatch shape types aren't rewound. SEE ALSO
dbfadd(1), dbfcreate(1), dbfdump(1), dbf_dump(1), shpadd(1), shpcreate(1), shpdump(1) shapelib OCTOBER 2004 SHAPELIB(1)