Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting NDM process say success but file didn't reach destination Post 302538499 by pattamuthu on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 06:40:32 AM
Old 07-13-2011
NDM process say success but file didn't reach destination

I am using ndmcli to NDM my files. When i do so it prints success for the process, with out any errors, but file is not reached at destination.
Code:
ndmcli -x << EOJ
submit phcdb process snode=$RMT_NODE_NAME
step01 copy from (file=$SRC_FILE_NAME pnode)
to (file=$DST_FILE_NAME
snode
DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE) 
Unit=DISK
DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=${BUFFER_SIZE},BLKSIZE=0)
)
if (step01 = 0) then 
step02 RUN TASK (PGM=CSYUEV3) 
snode 
SYSOPTS="'ANSASRTS Y'" 
eif 
pend ;
EOJ

Is there any way to test in UNIX that files recieved?, instead checking the files manually in the folder.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reach to the end of the file?

What is the command, which takes cursor to the end of file which is opened within vi editor? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit with success if the file is not found

I want to put a exit if there is no file found. In the directory I can have multiple txt files with EPISGCHGS as prefix or maynot have one. When I am trying the following it is erroring if there is no text file with the EPISGCHGS as prefix. for file in EPISGCHGS*.txt do cat $file >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apps_user
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to NDM a file in unix

.................................. Network data mover is a secure mechanism to transfer data . can any body guide me out .... how it is done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NDM File transfer - doubt...?

Hi, I have configured NDM (Connect: Direct) to copy a bunch of files from one server to another. I create a master file contains the list of files which need to copied, and my shell script read the file and send the file one by one thru NDM. The problem is, since the files are very big in size... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sethu
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NDM: Source file open failed. Error= 2

Hi, I have try to ndm to one server to another server. but i am getting this error. what is this error? are files not in source folder? Source file open failed. Error= 2 Regards, Balamurgan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any option to verify size at destination end after NDM?

Hi, I am using ndmcli to send files from one solaris server to another one. I use the below one in script and verify the status. select stat det=yes pnum="$PNUM" Is there any option to automate in script in verifying destination size with source after doing NDM? :mad: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging success event into file

Hi, I've the following code to log the errors any after the command is executed. # Ksh 88 Version log_path=/home/etc/fls/fls_log.log del_path=/home/etc/fls/to_day rm $del_path/* >> $log_path 2>&1 But I even want to log if the rm command is success without any error along with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smile689
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

After Ftp'ing file to destination how to check the file if it is in correct ASCII and not corrupted

Hi Folks, While transferring file from FTP software like Filezilla the files gets corrupted. Is there any way I can check if the recently transferred file is in ASCII and not corrupted. I have tried using file -i filename command which does tell if the file character set is ASCII or binary... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a job with file success

Hello All, I have a scenario where I need suggestion I am creating a file watcher job on autosys and and command job to do a SCP a file from one server to another. My file watcher will get success once the file get receive. The file I am receiving a zip file. THe command job which I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies
DH(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     DH(4)

NAME
dh - DH-11/DM-11 communications multiplexer SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NDH dh_units # DH11; NDH is in units of boards (16 each) NDM dm_units # DM11; NDM is in units of boards (16 each) /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments dm ? 170500 310 4 dmintr # dm11 dh modem control dh ? 160020 320 5 dhrint dhxint # dh11 terminal mux major device number(s): raw: 3 minor device encoding: bits 0017 specify line on DH unit bits 0060 specify DH unit bit 0100 specify RTS/CTS (``hardware'') flowcontrol bit 0200 specifies non-blocking open (``CD always on'') DESCRIPTION
A dh-11 provides 16 communication lines; dm-11's may be optionally paired with dh-11's to provide modem control for the lines. If there are fewer dm-11's than dh-11's, the dm-11's are assumed to be paired with the first dm_units dh-11's. Each line attached to the DH-11 communications multiplexer behaves as described in tty(4). Input and output for each line may indepen- dently be set to run at any of 16 speeds; see tty(4) for the encoding. Bit 0200 of the minor device number for DH lines may be set to say that a line is not properly connected, and that the line should be treated as hard-wired with carrier always present. Thus creating the special character device node "3, 130" via mknod /dev/ttyh2 c 3 130 would cause line ttyh2 to be treated in this way. Bit 0100 of the minor device number enables RTS/CTS (also called ``hardware'') flow con- trol. It is enabled by adding 64 to the minor device number: mknod /dev/ttyh2 c 3 194 The dh driver monitors the rate of input on each board, and switches between the use of character-at-a-time interrupts and input silos. While the silo is enabled during periods of high-speed input, the driver polls for input 30 times per second. FILES
/dev/tty[h-k][0-9a-f] /dev/ttyd[0-9a-f] /dev/MAKEDEV script to create special files /dev/MAKEDEV.local script to localize special files SEE ALSO
tty(4), dtab(5), autoconfig(8) DIAGNOSTICS
dh%d NXM. No response from UNIBUS on a dma transfer within a timeout period. This has never been observed on a PDP-11 and is a carryover from the VAX driver when it was ported. It is not serious. dh%d %d overruns. The character input silo overflowed before it could be serviced. This message is only printed at line close time. It is not serious but does indicate that the system was not able to keep up with the data flow. 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 31, 1997 DH(4)