Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Find list of files that uses password. Post 302538332 by neutronscott on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 03:13:40 PM
Old 07-12-2011
The password is not stored in the files, but in a database? Which database, how is it known if the file is protected, etc?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list read only files using find

hi, how can i list read only files (for u,g,o) using find command? Thanks and Regards Vivek.s (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the list of files

How to find the list of files of particular type present in Directory and sub-directory. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files and display only directory list containing those files

I have a directory (and many sub dirs beneath) on AIX system, containing thousands of file. I'm looking to get a list of all directory containing "*.pdf" file. I know basic syntax of find command, but it gives me list of all pdf files, which numbers in thousands. All I need to know is, which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r7p
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a List of Files With Find

Hi, I need to go through all the files on my system and build a list/output file with the paths of all files where the first two characters within the file match an expression. I know I can use something like find . | xargs cut -b1-2 or find . -exec cut -b1-2 {} \; to get the characters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 008_
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find list of files from a list and copy to a directory

I will be very grateful if someone can help me with bash shell script that does the following: I have a list of filenames: A01_155716 A05_155780 A07_155812 A09_155844 A11_155876 that are kept in different sub directories within my current directory. I want to find these files and copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find missing files from a list

counter=0; while read line; do ] && let counter=counter+1; done < input_file.txt echo $counter The above code is reading a file line by line and checking whether the filenames mentioned in the file exist or not . At present the o/p is value of counter I want to echo out the name of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code to list the files of find command

hi, i want to list the files from the below find commands output. find ./* -name "*.txt" -type f -mtime +10 will give the output like ./a.txt but i need the output in the format like (ls -lrt a.txt ) -rw-rw-rw- 1 srea nast 5 May 23 07:34 a.txt i used xargs for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to find a word from list of files

I need to find a word '% Retail by State' in the folder /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation. When I tried like below, -bash-4.1$ cd /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation -bash-4.1$ find ./ -name % Retail by State find: paths must precede expression: Retail Usage: find ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find for files within a list of subfolders

Helo Is there a better way to search within a list of subfolders : A_START_PATH="/data_1/data_2" # # dir2, dir3, dir6, ..... dir59 exists # A_LIST="$A_START_PATH/dir1 $A_START_PATH/dir4 $A_START_PATH/dir5" find "$A_LIST" -type f -name"*.txt" Now searching for all files in any subdirs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
getspwent(3X)															     getspwent(3X)

NAME
getspwent(), getspwuid(), getspwaid(), getspwnam(), setspwent(), endspwent(), fgetspwent(), getspwent_r(), getspwuid_r(), getspwaid_r(), getspwnam_r(), setspwent_r(), endspwent_r(), fgetspwent_r() - get secure password file entry on trusted systems SYNOPSIS
Obsolescent Interfaces The following re-entrant interfaces are to be obsoleted: DESCRIPTION
These privileged routines provide access to the protected password database in a manner similar to the way getpwent(3C) routines handle the regular password file, These routines are particularly useful in situations where it is not necessary to get information from the regular password file. getsp- went(3X) can be used on a trusted system to return the password, audit ID, and audit flag information. Programs using these routines must be linked with the security library, Note that routines are no longer supported. They are temporarily available for backward compatibility. New applications accessing the protected password database on trusted systems should use the routines. See getprpwent(3). and each returns a pointer to an object of s_passwd structure. The s_passwd structure is maintained for compatibility with existing soft- ware and consists of five fields as follows: Since the s_passwd structure is declared in the header file, it is unnecessary to redeclare it. To access other fields in the protected password database that are not included in the s_passwd structure, use See getprpwent(3) for more information. When first called, returns a pointer to each s_passwd structure obtained from the protected password database for each user in sequence. Subsequent calls can be used to search the entire database. Searches for an entry that matches the specified uid. It then returns a pointer to the particular structure in which uid is found. Similarly searches for a numerical audit ID matching aid and returns a pointer to the particular structure in which aid is found (see passwd(4) for details on this field). Searches for an entry that matches the specified name. Returns a pointer to the particular structure in which name is found. Resets the protected password database pointer to the beginning of the file to allow repeated searches. Should be called to close the protected password database file when processing is complete. Is no longer supported. It is provided for those applications that did not use Reentrant Interfaces and expect to be passed three extra parameters: 1. The address of an s_passwd structure where the result will be stored; 2. A buffer to store character strings (such as the password) to which fields in the s_passwd structure will point; 3. The length of the user-supplied buffer. A buffer length of 1024 is recommended. In addition to the above three parameters, requires a pointer to a variable. and are to be used only in conjunction with and take the same pointer to a variable as a parameter. can be used to rewind or open the protected password database. should be called when done to close the file. Note that the variable must be initialized to NULL before it is passed to or for the first time. Thereafter it should not be modified in any way. and are to be obsoleted at a future date. APPLICATION USAGE
In a multithreaded application, these routines are safe to be called only from one dedicated thread. These routines are not POSIX.1c async-cancel safe nor async-signal safe. RETURN VALUE
returns a NULL pointer if any of its routines encounters an end-of-file or error while searching, or if the effective user ID of the call- ing process is not zero. returns a -1 if any of its routines encounters an end-of-file or error, or if the supplied buffer has insufficient length. If the opera- tion is successful, 0 is returned. WARNINGS
The above routines use which causes them to increase the size of programs by more than might otherwise be expected. Since all information for and is contained in a static area, it must be copied to be saved. Network Information Service is not supported on trusted systems. The routines described in this manpage are no longer supported. They are temporarily available for backward compatibility and are to be obsoleted. Obsolescent Interfaces The following interfaces are to be obsoleted: and HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. EXAMPLES
The following code excerpt counts the number of entries in the protected password database: AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
Protected Password database SEE ALSO
ypcat(1), getgrent(3C), getlogin(3C), getpwent(3C), getprpwent(3), passwd(4). TO BE OBSOLETED getspwent(3X)