Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which Computer to buy?
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Which Computer to buy? Post 302538104 by methyl on Monday 11th of July 2011 09:02:52 PM
Old 07-11-2011
My advice: Look at the full Computer Science syllabus in great detail and also telephone the University Department for advice. If the course has a M$ bias you might need a computer inferior to a MacBook which runs a specific version of M$ Windows.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

were can you buy unix?

Were can you buy unix, and what kind of prices is it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KoRY
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Which Notebook to buy

Hi Im not sure that i post that Thread here on the right place but i hope someone can help me. Im searching for a new Notebook with Linux or Unix as system. Im looking for a Notebook with the following components: Intel Core 2 for mobile min 2GB RAM 15 " Display none reflective ATI or NVidia... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MagicMike
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print all the rows from "BUY" Tag with "SELL" with Buy/sell tag at end

hi I have the following input and i want to print all the rows from "BUY" Tag till "SELL" alongwith Buy/sell tag at end of each row ------ INPUT ===== 30/06/2009,NORMAL,ALL,ALL BUY 1,CBLO/020709,T+0,30/06/2009,100.00,3.00,999835643.46,200906300000422,-, 15:04:42,BUY... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

What to buy?

Hi, I'm looking at buying two desktops (with no Opsys) to install RedHat and do remote installs and networking. I would also like to run MongoDB/Puppet/Chef and some other open source products. I would like to know the following please - 1. What processor and how much memory should I go for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gow
0 Replies
lart(1M)																  lart(1M)

NAME
lart - Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool - use a lart to adjust lusers' attitudes SYNOPSIS
lart [ -use tool ] [ -bBfFgklp ] <lusername> DESCRIPTION
lart adjusts the attitudes of those pesky, clueless people who rely upon their admins for everything from picking their mice off of the floor to turning on their monitors; namely, the luser(8). Running lart with the appropriate arguments will cause the specified luser to run away screaming in agony. Alternatively, you can make the luser buy you a beer, after killing all of their processes. OPTIONS
-use tool Choose your weapon. If this option is not specified, the enviroment variable LART is used. If neither is set, a default value will be used, which is set at compile time -b Used to increase the size of your lart -B The BOFH option. Removes a users files and kills all their processes. If used in conjunction with -p this will also cause syslog to make entries proving that <lusername> was the second gunman behind the grassy knoll -f Only fake luser's attitude readjustment session. Provided primarily for testing purposes. Mutually exclusive with -B -F fsck <lusername> as a raw device. Note that this option has not been tested, as it is rather difficult to find volunteers -g Graphic violence. Uses curses to monitor <lusername> during the beating. -k Kill. A rather permanent option, and as such is not highly recommended. Can only be invoked once per <lusername> -p See -B SEE ALSO
sysadmin(1), guru(8), luser(8) 01 23 1996 lart(1M)