Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two files and add new information Post 302537753 by neutronscott on Saturday 9th of July 2011 08:30:09 PM
Old 07-09-2011
Code:
mute@goflex:~/test$ awk -v OFS='\t' 'NR == FNR { a[$1] = $3 } NR != FNR && a[$5] { print $0 OFS a[$5] }' file1.txt file2.txt
1       7565748 A       C       LRG_7   Nonsyn  2396    cgt     CACNA1A
3       9475755 T       N       LRG_83  Nonsyn  46      act     MLPH
7       3527492 A       T       LRG_88  fs      396     gat     NCF2
14      9858493 C       G       LRG_7   nmd     9396    cgt     CACNA1A

---------- Post updated at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:25 PM ----------

if there is sometimes non-matching lines you need to keep (i noticed typo of LRG_82/LRG_85 in file2 and outfile)

Code:
mute@goflex:~/test$ awk -v OFS='\t' 'NR == FNR { a[$1] = $3; next } NR != FNR && a[$5] { print $0 OFS a[$5]; next } 1' file1.txt file2.txt
1       7565748 A       C       LRG_7   Nonsyn  2396    cgt     CACNA1A
1       8576859 G       -       LRG_82  syn     8576    cgat
3       9475755 T       N       LRG_83  Nonsyn  46      act     MLPH
7       3527492 A       T       LRG_88  fs      396     gat     NCF2
14      9858493 C       G       LRG_7   nmd     9396    cgt     CACNA1A

This User Gave Thanks to neutronscott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare files in two directories and output changed files to third directory

I have searched about 30 threads, a load of Google pages and cannot find what I am looking for. I have some of the parts but not the whole. I cannot seem to get the puzzle fit together. I have three folders, two of which contain different versions of multiple files, dist/file1.php dist/file2.php... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkeep
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yerruhari
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files & get only few columns based on a condition related to both files?

Hiiiii friends I have 2 files which contains huge data & few lines of it are as shown below File1: b.dat(which has 21 columns) SSR 1976 8 12 13 10 44.00 39.0700 70.7800 7.0 0 0.00 0 2.78 0.00 0.00 0 0.00 2.78 0 NULL ISC 1976 8 12 22 32 37.39 36.2942 70.7338... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require compare command to compare 4 files

I have four files, I need to compare these files together. As such i know "sdiff and comm" commands but these commands compare 2 files together. If I use sdiff command then i have to compare each file with other which will increase the codes. Please suggest if you know some commands whcih can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting information from various files

I have got this piece of csh code that looks into various log files and outputs some parameters For example, I might have 4 files and want to grep for the lines containing "Best Value" npt02-z30-sr65-rgdt0p50-dc0p004-16x12drw.log npt02-z30-sr65-rgdt0p50-dc0p004-16x12drw-run2.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

search information in multiple files and save in new files

hi everyone, im stuck in here with shell :) can you help me?? i have a directory with alot files (genbank files ... all ended in .gbk ) more than 1000 for sure ... and i want to read each one of them and search for some information and if i found the right one i save in new file with new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreia
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to parse and compare information in two fields of file

Hello, I am working parsing a large input file1(field CFA) I have to compare the the file1 field(CFA byte 88-96) with the content of the file2(It contains only one field) and and insert rows equal in another file. Here is my code and sample input file: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANOS
7 Replies
lucompare(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     lucompare(1M)

NAME
lucompare - compare boot environments SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lucompare [-i infile | -t] [-o outfile] BE_name [-X] /usr/sbin/lucompare [ -C file [-o outfile]] [-X] DESCRIPTION
The lucompare command is part of a suite of commands that make up the Live Upgrade feature of the Solaris operating environment. See live_upgrade(5) for a description of the Live Upgrade feature. The lucompare command compares the contents of the current boot environment (BE) with the contents of another BE. With the -C option, lucompare compares file statistics so that you can determine which files have changed on a BE since a specified time, such as the creation time of a BE. A specified BE must be inactive and in the complete state, as reported by the lustatus(1M) command. Also, a BE cannot have a copy job scheduled, which is also reported by lustatus(1M). A specified BE cannot have any partitions mounted with lumount(1M) or mount(1M). For each file system defined for a specified BE, lucompare compares all files with the files with the same pathnames in the current BE. The files present in the active BE, but not in the specified BE, and vice-versa, are reported. You also have the option to specify a list of files to be compared. If you specify the -C option, instead of doing an absolute comparison of the current BE with a target BE, lucompare compares the files in a specified BE with the list of files recorded in a file. When a BE is created, lucreate(1M) creates a file named :<BE_name> in /etc/lu/com- pare. You can use the -C option to compare the files in a specified BE to this snapshot in /etc/lu/compare or you can compare the BE to a file previously created with the -o option. Comparing a BE to its own snapshot in /etc/lu/compare enables you to determine which files have changed on the BE since its creation. By default, the output of lucompare is written to stdout. With the -C option, you must use the -o option to specify an output file. The output for lucompare is a list of files that differ in permissions, owner, group, or sum, along with the reason for difference. The output format is shown below: > active BE < BE_name reason > file_name:owner:group:number_of_links:mode:type: size or major_minor number:checksum < file_name:owner:group:number_of_links:mode:type: size or major_minor number:checksum The above fields are obtained from the stat(2) structure of the file. The type field can be one of the following: SYMLINK symbolic link FIFO FIFO file CHRSPC character special BLKSPC block special DIR directory REGFIL regular file UNKNOW unknown file type lucompare computes checksums only if the file on the specified BE matches its counterpart on the active BE in all of the fields described above. If the checksums differ, lucompare appends the differing checksums to the entries for the compared files. The lucompare command requires root privileges. OPTIONS
The lucompare command has the following options: -C file Compare file statistics of BE with those recorded in file. file can be the snapshot created at BE creation time, /etc/lu/compare/:<BE_name>, or a file previously created with the -o option. You must use the -o option with this option. -i infile Compare files listed in infile. The files to be compared should be an absolute filename. If the entry in the file is a directory, then comparison is recursive with respect to the directory. Mutually exclusive of -t. -o outfile Send output of differences to outfile. You must use this option if you use -C. -t Compare only nonbinary files. This is achieved by performing a file(1) command on each file in the tree walk and only comparing text files. Mutually exclusive of -i. -X Enable XML output. Characteristics of XML are defined in DTD, in /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num>, where <num> is the version number of the DTD file. OPERANDS
BE_name Name of the BE to which the active BE will be compared. You cannot specify a BE that is involved in another Live Upgrade operation, or specify a BE for which you have mounted partitions (using lumount(1M) or mount(1M)). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking Differences Since BE Creation The following command lists the differences in the BE s8u5 between its creation time and the present. # lucompare -C /etc/lu/compare/:s8u5 -o /var/tmp/compare.out s8u5 Note that /etc/lu/compare/:s8u5 is the file created by lucreate upon creation of a BE. The list of differences is sent to /var/tmp/com- pare.out. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/lutab list of BEs on the system /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num> Live Upgrade DTD (see -X option) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWluu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lu(1M), luactivate(1M), lucancel(1M), lucreate(1M), lucurr(1M), ludelete(1M), ludesc(1M), lufslist(1M), lumake(1M), lumount(1M), lure- name(1M), lustatus(1M), luupgrade(1M), lutab(4), attributes(5), live_upgrade(5) NOTES
The lucompare command makes no attempt to reconcile any differences it detects between BEs. SunOS 5.10 21 Dec 2001 lucompare(1M)