Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to copy contents of a file Post 302534465 by SathaKarni on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 03:22:35 AM
Old 06-28-2011
Need help to copy contents of a file

Hi,

I am stuck up with a problem of copying the contents of a directory where one of the folder name is changed daily.

Problem:

I have the folder structure as:

RefWorlds2/LINGCC4_X64/odsdev/odessy/UTI/621GA_build_xxx/.../..

In the above path the build number (xxx) will be changed daily and I need to copy the files from one of the sub-folder from here.

I hope the the question is clear.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy selected contents from file

I want to capture contents of a file between 2 strings into another file for eg all lines in between the keywords "start log" and "end log" should be copied into another file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Copy of File Contents to Clipboard

Could someone show me how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard automatically without manually selecting its contents? I just want to press the "Paste Key" to show the results. I wish to use this in a ksh script. I'm using Solaris. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy subsequent contents of a file from first occurance of grep

There is a file which logs all errors and alerts of the database called alert log. I have a requirement as follows: 1. Check the current date and search for the first occurance of the current date in the alert log. 2. As soon as the first occurance is found, copy the subsequent contents... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash copy file contents into an existing file at a specific location

Hi all I need to copy the entire contents of one file into an existing file at a specific location. I know the exact line number where I need to put it. It appears I would use either sed or awk to do this, but I have been unsuccessful so far: File A line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gshepherd7
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of a directory only if a file exists

I'm looking to write a script that will check the contents of a directory, and if any files exist in that directory copy them to a temporary folder. The target files are only resident for a few seconds, so I think the script needs to be running constantly. Any pointers would be really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy the contents between two keywords to a new file.

Hi All, I want to edit my gate level netlists by searching for the content between two patterns eg: ff1 \test/a0 ( .CLK(\test/ClkInt0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/Rakicc ), .QB(\test/X ), .VDD(1'b1), .VSS(1'b0)); ff1 \test/a1 ( .CLK(\test/medis0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/hedwc ), .QB(\test/X ),... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy entire contents of file to clipboard

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard, then paste into a command. i.e copy contents of file /path/filename.txt to <command> <paste text> Hope that makes sense. Basically tryting to copy the text for use in a command without having to open the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCA70
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to copy the contents of two files into one file

Hi i need Script to copy the contents of two files into one file i have 2 fil X1.txt / X2.txt i need script to copy the contents of X1 and X2 In AllXfile X1.txt File X1 X2.txt File X2 AllXfile.txt File X1 File X2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzeddine2005
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of one file to another

I need to write a script (in bash) that copies the content of the first file in each folder of a directory to the second file in the same folder. I tried this and it didn't work - it just came back with errors and I'm not sure how to fix it. Help is very much appreciated! for mpdir in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy last 30 minutes' contents from a log file

Hi Guys, I am writing a bash script to capture the last 30 minutes's contents from log file to a new file. This job is a scheduled job and will run every 30 minutes. The log file is db2diag.log in DB2. I am having difficulties copying the last 30 minutes's contents. Can someone please help me.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies
folders(1mh)															      folders(1mh)

Name
       folders - list folders and contents

Syntax
       folders [ +folder ] [ msg ] [ options ]

Description
       The command displays the names of your folders and the number of messages that they each contain.

The  command displays a list of all the folders in your Mail directory.	The folders are sorted alphabetically, each on its own line.  This
       is illustrated in the following example:
	 Folder      # of messages (  range  ); cur  msg  (other files)
	   V2.3  has	3 messages (   1-   3).
	 adrian  has   20 messages (   1-  20); cur=   2.
	  brian  has   16 messages (   1-  16).
	  chris  has   12 messages (   1-  12).
	copylog  has  242 messages (   1- 242); cur= 225.
	  inbox+ has   73 messages (   1- 127); cur= 127.
	    int  has	4 messages (   1-   4); cur=   2  (others).
	   jack  has   17 messages (   1-  17); cur=  17.

TOTAL= 387 messages in 8 folders.
       The plus sign (+) after inbox indicates that it is the current folder.  The information about the folder includes the term (others).   This
       indicates  that the folder contains files which are not messages.  These files may be either sub-folders, or files that do not belong under
       the MH file naming scheme.

The command is identical to the effect of using the -all option to the command.

If you use with the +folder argument, it will display all the subfolders within the named folder.  as shown in the following example:
       % folders +test
       Folder		# of messages (  range	); cur	msg  (other files)
       test+ has	  18 messages (   1-  18);	     (others).
       test/testone has    1 message  (   1-   1).
       test/testtwo has   no messages.

TOTAL=   19 messages in 3 folders.
       See for more details of sub-folders.

Options
       -fast
       -nofast	 Lists only the name of folders, with no additional information.  This is faster because the folders need not be read.

-help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-list
       -nolist	 Lists the contents of the folder-stack.  No +folder argument is allowed with this option.

-pack
       -nopack	 Re-numbers messages in the folders.  Messages are re-numbered sequentially, and any gaps  in  the  numbering  are  removed.   The
		 default operation is -nopack, which does not change the numbering in the folder.

-pop	 Discards  the	top of the folder-stack, after setting the current folder to that value.  No +folder argument is allowed with this
		 option.  This corresponds to the operation in the C-shell; see The -push and -pop options are mutually exclusive: the last occur-
		 rence of either one overrides any previous occurrence of the other.

-push	 Pushes  the  current  folder  onto  the  folder-stack, and makes the +folder argument into the current folder.  If +folder is not
		 given, the current folder and the top of the folder-stack are exchanged.  This corresponds to the operation in the  C-shell;  see
		 The  -push switch and the -pop switch are mutually exclusive: the last occurrence of either one overrides any previous occurrence
		 of the other.

-recurse
       -norecurse
		 Lists folders recursively.  Information on each folder is displayed, followed by information on any  sub-folders  which  it  con-
		 tains.

-total
       -nototal  Displays  only the total number of messages and folders in your Mail directory.  This option does not print any information about
		 individual folders.  It can be suppressed using the -nototal option.

The defaults for are:

+folder defaults to all
	      msg defaults to none
	      -nofast
	      -noheader
	      -nototal
	      -nopack
	      -norecurse

Restrictions
       MH does not allow you to have more than 100 folders at any level in your Mail directory.

Profile Components
       Path:		 To determine your MH directory
       Folder-Protect:	 To set protections when creating a new folder
       Folder-Stack:	 To determine the folder stack
       lsproc:		 Program to list the contents of a folder

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       csh(1), folder(1mh), refile(1mh), mhpath(1mh)

folders(1mh)