Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to backup a particular Database in MYSQL? Post 302534294 by pludi on Monday 27th of June 2011 10:54:11 AM
Old 06-27-2011
Read and learn, maybe add a bit of cron.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MYSQL command to take a backup of the database in Redhat linux 7.2

I am new to mysql database , we have a mysql database running on linux , and we use mysql database for bugzilla, so we wanted to take a backup . what is the command for taking the entire database backup from the command prompt with all options. Thanks in advance Bache Gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect MySQL database from Unix

How to connect a MySQL database from unix using unix shell scripting ( people are using perl scrpt to connect the same database). I want to access a MySQL database through a shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

3. Web Development

Updating Records in Mysql Database

so when i issue a command like the below: # mysql --pager=/usr/bin/less -u cactiman -p -e 'select * from data_input' cacti Enter password: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

4. Programming

Help with mySQL database by perl script

Hello; I was trying to set up a mysql database using following script, but never went through. The code seems fine without any syntax error as I tested it: perl -c Brapa0101-db.pl Brapa0101-db.pl syntax OKHowever, whenever I run it, an error message was tossed out: DBD::mysql::st execute... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH import mysql database

Hi all, I am trying to import a database in putty with the syntax: mysql –u database_username –p database_name < filename.mysql As you can see in the screenshot it asks me for the database password - which suggests that the syntax is correct - but then after I enter the password it gives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juc1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File fetching from mysql database

I have a configuration file namely: abcd, that will be use for some service (like gammu) Inside that configuration file: number1 = 66673527 number1 = 8373272 How can I make the file to search the number1 and number2 from a mysql database? Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
1 Replies
mysql(1)							  MySQL database							  mysql(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - Fixes MySQL privilege tables. SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables [mysql_root_password] DESCRIPTION
This scripts updates the mysql.user, mysql.db, mysql.host and the mysql.func tables to MySQL 3.22.14 and above. This is needed if you want to use the new GRANT functions, CREATE AGGREGATE FUNCTION or want to use the more secure passwords in 3.23 If you get 'Access denied' errors, run the script again and give the MySQL root user password as an argument. SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org>. MySQL is available at http://www.mysql.com/. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 17 March 2003 mysql(1)