Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users unix command for terminal - view sequences as a single line? Post 302532959 by bartus11 on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 01:29:11 PM
Old 06-22-2011
Try:
Code:
ls | perl -F"\." -nae 'push @{$a{$F[0]}},$F[1];END{for $i (keys %a){@n=sort {$a <=> $b}@{$a{$i}};print "$i.$n[0]-$n[$#n].$F[2]"}}'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run command Unix on a single line

Hi everybody.. I need to enter in bash mode and then run a command and this just in a single command line. I tried : "bash ^M| somecommand" but nothing.. How do I do to simulate the return button just right after the bash command ? Thanks.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riddick61
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do you reverse terminal command line to the top?

Hi All, I work on a Linux platform which runs Red Hat (forget which version) and use both korn and bash shells. Is there a way of making the command line appear at the top of the terminal window and any lists, commands or directory names etc to appear below the top, that is to say reverse the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ray_m
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

How to start a new terminal from command line?

Dear All, Anyone knows how to start a new bash terminal from command line? Another question: when I use "open" command (open test.pdf) to open a pdf file, the PDF reader will start up, but cannot associate with that file. Anyone knows why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrewust
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

View tiled photo thumbnails in command line

Is there a good way of showing around 4 pictures (fairly large thumbnails) at once on the command line, preferably tiled so that all of them are viewable. I tried using display but I'm not sure how to tile them. I'd also prefer if it was read only so that they cannot be altered in the viewer. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cue
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I view doc files from terminal

Sometimes I'm working from terminal for long periods of time and I come across a doc file I don't recognize. I've been trying to figure out how to view it instead of opening up word. I've tried cat but it jumps into binary and my terminal goes nuts. Is there a way I can do this from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syregnar86
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

A new OSX 10.12.x terminal from the command line.

Hi guys and gals... After much searching on the good ol' internet I could find nothing, so this is the result. ALthough many people seem to have asked this question no-one seems to have a solution so here we go. I need for AudioScope.sh, 'xterm' to run a second program for some of its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)						   User Commands					     gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-launch-ext-0.8, gst-launch-ext - run a predefined GStreamer pipeline SYNOPSIS
gst-launch-ext-0.8 filename [filename...] [gst-std-options] gst-launch-ext filename [filename...] [gst-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gst-launch-ext-0.8 runs a basic predefined GStreamer pipeline, and prints the name of the pipeline. gst-launch-ext-0.8 is only used as a quick test to ensure that codecs and GStreamer work properly. gst-launch-ext-0.8 does not handle more advanced features such as synchro- nization. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-launch-ext-0.8 and gst-launch-ext: gst-std-options Standard options available for use with most GStreamer applications. See gst-std-options(5) for more information. The following options are supported by gst-launch-ext only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the GStreamer pipeline to run. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
gst-launch-ext-0.8 can be configured by creating a .gst file in your home directory. This PERL-style configuration file can override the default values for audio and video output sinks. The following example .gst file implements the same defaults as those hard-coded in the script: AUDIOSINK = osssink VIDEOSINK = ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink You can change osssink to esdsink, alsasink, or sunaudiosink, and you can change xvimagesink to ximagesink, aasink, or sdlvideosink. You must have the appropriate plugin installed on the system to use the specified output sink. Other GStreamer plug-ins can also be used. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching a GStreamer Pipeline example% gst-launch-ext-0.8 filename EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-launch-ext-Executable to run a predefined GStreamer pipeline ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)