Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers deleting words in list with more than 2 identical adjacent characters Post 302532177 by TAPE on Monday 20th of June 2011 07:33:05 AM
Old 06-20-2011
Thanks ygemici,

Your help has been awesome !

My query has been answered Smilie I have a few others, however will first play around with the
new-found knowledge and if necessary revert after that.

Thanks again all !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

list only identical filename

Hi Friends, We have four filenames with first few digits are identical.From those files, i need to pick up 2 files based on my parameter. The following example will give more information to understand my question. Files in the directory: small_customer_aa.csv small_customer_ab.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: HAA
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting symbols and characters between two words

Hi Please tell me how could i delete symbols, whitespaces, characters, words everything between two words in a line. Let my file is aaa BB ccc ddd eee FF kkk xxx 123456 BB 44^& iop FF 999 xxx uuu rrr BB hhh nnn FF 000 I want to delete everything comes in between BB and FF( deletion... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rish_max
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting blank line and row containing certain words in single sed command

Hi Is it possible to do the following in a single command /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/rows selected/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/^$/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto_new.txt exit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting words between tags

Hi !!! I need to write a script(ksh) that deletes any character outside <start> tag and </start> from a file. For eg: $cat file.txt <start> ad bd </start> as</start> <start> d e f mb<start>mu g h i (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRKS
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing identical words in column

I have a file that needs to be cleaned up. Here is the file: Project Project John Project Gary Project Sean Project2 Project2 Lisa Project2 Tyler Project2 Sam Project3 Project3 Mike Project3 Bran I need the o/p to be: Project John Gary Sean Project2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get characters between two words

Guys, Here is the txt file... SLIC N0SLU704034789 rŒ° EJ00 ó<NL DMRG>11 100 4B 2 SLIC N0SLU704034789 rŒ° TJ10 <4000><NL> 2 SLIC N0SLU704034789 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding and removing 2 identical consecutive words in a text

i want to write a shell script that correct a text file.for example if i have the input file: "john has has 2 apples anne has 3 oranges oranges" i want that the output file be like this: "john has 2 apples anne has 3 oranges" i've tried to read line by line from input text file into array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cocostaec
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting words and sorting

I have a file that looks some like this: I need to delete most of the information and sort the rest in such way that I get the following output file Any help will be greatly appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting words between every appearance of two words

Hi there, newbie there. I've been browsing the forums hoping to find a solution that answers a problem similar to what I need, but haven't had much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I need to delete a bunch of text between every appearance of two words in a really large file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lendl
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a list of words from a text file

Hello, I have a list of words separated by spaces I am trying to delete from a text file, and I could not figure out what is the best way to do this. what I tried (does not work) : delete="password key number verify" arr=($delete) for i in arr { sed "s/\<${arr}\>]*//g" in.txt } >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hawk4520
5 Replies
flaw(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   flaw(7)

NAME
flaw - a Lua OO management framework for awesome WM widgets DESCRIPTION
flaw stands for Fully Loaded AWesome. It is a LUA object oriented library providing a thin abstraction layer above awesome widgets. It is aimed at being simple and resources efficient. To achieve these goals, flaw provides the following concepts. gadgets To add functionality to awesome widgets, flaw defines gadget objects, which are a wrapper around a widget. All gadgets have proper- ties, events, a refresh mechanism and a data provider (see below). Gadgets can wrap all awesome widget type, namely text boxes, image boxes, graphs or progress bars. flaw provides many gadgets for common system information (like CPU or memory activity). provider flaw tries to minimise system access and data refresh. Since all information do not have the same expiration rate, all gadgets refresh independently. And since some gadgets can share information, all data is provided by providers which can be shared among gadgets. Providers maintain status data from the system and refreshes only when necessary (ie. when the gadget with the shortest refresh rate demands it). events Events are a way for the user to modify the gadget behaviour or properties when some conditions are met. An event is composed of a trigger, which computes the condition, and an action. Event triggers are tested by the providers only when data changes. Both the condition and the action are provided by the user. USAGE
flaw depends on the lua-filesystem package which can be found http://luaforge.net/projects/luafilesystem. Once installed, the following statement must be inserted in awesome configuration before any flaw gadget or mechanism is used. require('flaw') Using flaw consists in creating gadgets, passing them parameters to customize their display and events to add some behaviour to them, and then adding them in a wibox like any other awesome widget. flaw and awful gadgets can live together. The complete flaw documentation is available in Luadoc format. Enter the following command to generate it. LUA_PATH="path_toflaw/doclet/html/?;;" luadoc -d html --nofiles *.lua DIAGNOSTICS
flaw tries to recover upon bad invocations. When something wrong occurs, it outputs warning or error messages to stderr (for example, if awesome was started with xsession, output will be found in ~/.xsession-errors ). BUGS
Certainly a lot. AUTHOR
David Soulayrol <david.soulayrol at gmail dot net> SEE ALSO
awesome(1), awesome-client(1), awesomerc(5) FEBRUARY 2009 flaw(7)