Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Forget ILOM Username passwd, how to reterive it from OS with out rebooting Post 302531729 by Perderabo on Friday 17th of June 2011 03:20:41 PM
Old 06-17-2011
What model of server?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

I want to read username and lastupdate only from /etc/security/passwd and write the s

Hi All, As i asked you in my previous post, I want to read username and lastupdate only from /etc/security/passwd and write the same data to another file: The data in /etc/security/passwd will be in this form for example: smith: password = MGURSj.F056Dj lastupdate = 623078865 flags =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
0 Replies

2. AIX

How do I read username and lastupdate attribute values from /etc/security/passwd

Hi, How do I read username and lastupdate attribute values from /etc/security/passwd file and write the obtained data to another file. The data in the new file should be in this format as shown: avins:12345 root:45234 xyza:23423 Plese let me know this ASAP Thanks, Haroon (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hw to reterive root passwd

heyy i forgot my root passwd but i cant reinstall due to some reason can anyone tell me hw to reterive root passwd (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightypp.nits
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the username in /etc/passwd file

Hi, I need to a shell script to list out only the username in the /etc/passwd file. Regards Siva (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
7 Replies

5. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

6. SuSE

SUSE "passwd username" ask for password 4 times

Below is the error I'm getting. # passwd username Changing password for username. New Password: Reenter New Password: Password changed. New UNIX password: Retype new UNIX password: Password has been already used. Choose another. passwd: Authentication token manipulation error# cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
0 Replies
Ace::Model(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Ace::Model(3pm)

NAME
Ace::Model - Get information about AceDB models SYNOPSIS
use Ace; my $db = Ace->connect(-path=>'/usr/local/acedb/elegans'); my $model = $db->model('Author'); print $model; $name = $model->name; @tags = $model->tags; print "Paper is a valid tag" if $model->valid_tag('Paper'); DESCRIPTION
This class is provided for access to AceDB class models. It provides the model in human-readable form, and does some limited but useful parsing on your behalf. Ace::Model objects are obtained either by calling an Ace database handle's model() method to retrieve the model of a named class, or by calling an Ace::Object's model() method to retrieve the object's particular model. METHODS
new() $model = Ace::Model->new($model_data); This is a constructor intended only for use by Ace and Ace::Object classes. It constructs a new Ace::Model object from the raw string data in models.wrm. name() $name = $model->name; This returns the class name for the model. tags() @tags = $model->tags; This returns a list of all the valid tags in the model. valid_tag() $boolean = $model->valid_tag($tag); This returns true if the given tag is part of the model. path() @path = $model->path($tag) Returns the path to the indicated tag, returning a list of intermediate tags. For example, in the C elegans ?Locus model, the path for 'Compelementation_data" will return the list ('Type','Gene'). asString() print $model->asString; asString() returns the human-readable representation of the model with comments stripped out. Internally this method is called to automatically convert the model into a string when appropriate. You need only to start performing string operations on the model object in order to convert it into a string automatically: print "Paper is unique" if $model=~/Paper ?Paper UNIQUE/; SEE ALSO
Ace AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein <lstein@w3.org> with extensive help from Jean Thierry-Mieg <mieg@kaa.crbm.cnrs-mop.fr> Copyright (c) 1997-1998, Lincoln D. Stein This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2003-06-01 Ace::Model(3pm)