Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Requirment are without password to get hardware info in the the linux using Qt? Post 302531706 by Corona688 on Friday 17th of June 2011 02:20:33 PM
Old 06-17-2011
You could set your program setuid: chmod u+s myprogram You'll need to do that as root, but once that's done it should run as root no matter who runs it.

And you'll get all the security holes of running things as root but you get what you ask for.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hardware info

is there a command to find out processor speed, RAM size, ets? i need it for Solaris 5.6, 5.7 and linux (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sillY
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The mini hardware requirment for standard Unix sys.

Hi I am a new comer for Unix sys. My Unix experience just less than half a year. Now Im going to purchase a notebook to install Unix system, but I have no idea of the mini setting for the laptop that are able to run Unix fluently. Is that anyone can tell me? Please give more options or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Julius
1 Replies

3. Linux

What hardware will LINUX run on 386/486 ?

I'm really new to this and I want to learn UNIX/LINUX and saw the post about setting up a server to use everyday to practice. I have an old 386 PC and a 486 PC sitting around. Can they be reformatted and used to run UNIX/LINUX on as a network. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barkingmad
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux on custom hardware

I would like to configure a bare minimum Linux with internet browser on a system with Flash & RAM (but no harddisk or any other nonvolatile storage). Please advise. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rherb
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Extracting HBA Card Hardware info

Hello, I am very new to solaris so please bear with me. I have 2 machines in question. For both I am trying to get the HBA Card Hardware information such as: HBA Model Name HBA Firmware version HBA Port details HBA Driver details First machine is a Solaris 10. When I execute fcinfo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

With Linux do Hardware Brands Matter?

We have run software on Dell Servers w/ Windows and seen the performance degrade overtime. We switched to an IBM server w/ AIX and have not seen the same performance degradation over time. In fact, the IBM servers are at least five years old and continue to preform well at the same level. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bggibson
2 Replies

7. AIX

New to AIX and IBM Hardware. Need some info

Hello all. I'm new to AIX and IBM hardware and I have a question around the configuration of the service processor on the power series. I need to know: 1) How do I get into the service processor from the serial console when AIX is up and running. I come from the Sun world and I tried all I know.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glenc2004
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Does this hardware works with Linux

Hello folks, I pretend acquire this hardware: 1-Motherboard Asus Skt1151 - H110M-A/M.2 (https://www.asus.com/pt/Motherboards...cifications/); 2-Intel i5 6400 2.7Ghz QuadCore Skt1151; or 2-Intel i5 6500 3.2Ghz QuadCore Skt1151; 3-Dimm 8GB DDR4 Kingston CL15 2133Mhz; Obvious I pretend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enodev
1 Replies
BIOSDECODE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     BIOSDECODE(8)

NAME
biosdecode - BIOS information decoder SYNOPSIS
biosdecode [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
biosdecode parses the BIOS memory and prints information about all structures (or entry points) it knows of. Currently known entry point types are: o SMBIOS (System Management BIOS) Use dmidecode for a more detailed output. o DMI (Desktop Management Interface, a legacy version of SMBIOS) Use dmidecode for a more detailed output. o SYSID o PNP (Plug and Play) o ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) o BIOS32 (BIOS32 Service Directory) o PIR (PCI IRQ Routing) o 32OS (BIOS32 Extension, Compaq-specific) See ownership for a Compaq ownership tag retrieval tool. o SNY (Sony-specific, not decoded) o VPD (Vital Product Data, IBM-specific) Use vpddecode for a more detailed output. o FJKEYINF (Application Panel, Fujitsu-specific) biosdecode started its life as a part of dmidecode but as more entry point types were added, it was moved to a different program. OPTIONS
-d, --dev-mem FILE Read memory from device FILE (default: /dev/mem) -h, --help Display usage information and exit -V, --version Display the version and exit FILES
/dev/mem BUGS
Most of the time, biosdecode prints too much information (you don't really care about addresses) or not enough (because it doesn't follow pointers and has no lookup tables). AUTHORS
Alan Cox, Jean Delvare SEE ALSO
dmidecode(8), mem(4), ownership(8), vpddecode(8) dmidecode February 2007 BIOSDECODE(8)