Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can't get shell parameters to pass properly to sqlplus Post 302531027 by WhoDatWhoDer on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 04:26:32 PM
Old 06-15-2011
Yes, I remember the "exit" being an issue with this once before. I'll give it a try and let you know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Shell variables to sqlplus use them as parameters

Hi, I am trying to pass some of the variables in my shell scripts to the sqlplus call and use them as parameters. For example, I would like to replace the 'SAS', and '20050612' with $var1 and $var2, respectively, how can I do that? --------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass two or more parameters to the main in shell script

Hey Guys from the below script what I understood is we are sending the the first parameter as input to the main (){} file main > $LOGFILE 2>&1 but can we send two or three parameter as input to this main file as main > $LOGFILE 2>&1 2>&2 like this Can any one plz help I need to writ a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To pass the .sql file as a paramter to sqlplus through shell programming

Hi, Currently i have a .sql file 1.sql. I need to pass that as a parameter through a shell script to the sqlplus inside the same shell script. How I should I do.can anyone help me pls. I have an req where I need to send the .sql file and the place where the script has to create a .csv... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter from sqlplus(procedure completed) to your shell script

if then # mail -s "Import failed file does not exist" sanjay.jaiswal@xyz.com echo "FILE does not exist" exit 1 fi echo "FILE EXIST" size=-1 set $(du /export/home/oracle/nas/scott21.dmp.gz) while do echo "Inside the loop" size=$1 set $(du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanora600
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass shell parameters to awk does not work

Why does this work for myfile in `find . -name "R*VER" -mtime +1` do SHELLVAR=`grep ^err $myfile || echo "No error"` ECHO $SHELLVAR done and outputs No error err ->BIST Login Fail 3922 err No error err ->IR Remote Key 1 3310 err But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pass value from sqlplus to shell on AIX

hello friend good morning I have a problem, how can I take the value that the PROCEDURE returns to me in the variable "CodError", when the connection to the bbdd is closed I lose the value and I need it in the shell #AIX cat <<EOF | sqlplus -s ${ORA_LOGIN}/${ORA_PASSWORD} > $logftmp set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
6 Replies
SU(1)									FSF								     SU(1)

NAME
su - run a shell with substitute user and group IDs SYNOPSIS
su [OPTION]... [-] [USER [ARG]...] DESCRIPTION
Change the effective user id and group id to that of USER. -, -l, --login make the shell a login shell -c, --commmand=COMMAND pass a single COMMAND to the shell with -c -f, --fast pass -f to the shell (for csh or tcsh) -m, --preserve-environment do not reset environment variables -p same as -m -s, --shell=SHELL run SHELL if /etc/shells allows it --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit A mere - implies -l. If USER not given, assume root. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for su is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and su programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info su should give you access to the complete manual. su (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 SU(1)