Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can't get shell parameters to pass properly to sqlplus Post 302531016 by Scott on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 04:05:03 PM
Old 06-15-2011
One thing springs to mind. When you ran the SQL from within SQL*Plus (@RCV_SHIPMENT....), you wound up, at the end, with:

Code:
SQL>

(the SQL prompt, i.e. you're still inside SQL*Plus)

Perhaps you need to add an exit; to your SQL?

i.e.

Code:
$ cat SQL.sh

echo Hello
sqlplus -s scott/tiger @SQL.sql
echo Good bye

$ cat SQL.sql
select 1 from dual;

$ ./SQL.sh
Hello

----------

("hangs" - pressing Control-D, or typing exit would "fix" this!)

Code:
$ cat SQL.sql
select 1 from dual;
exit;

$ ./SQL.sh
Hello

----------

Good bye

This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Shell variables to sqlplus use them as parameters

Hi, I am trying to pass some of the variables in my shell scripts to the sqlplus call and use them as parameters. For example, I would like to replace the 'SAS', and '20050612' with $var1 and $var2, respectively, how can I do that? --------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass two or more parameters to the main in shell script

Hey Guys from the below script what I understood is we are sending the the first parameter as input to the main (){} file main > $LOGFILE 2>&1 but can we send two or three parameter as input to this main file as main > $LOGFILE 2>&1 2>&2 like this Can any one plz help I need to writ a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To pass the .sql file as a paramter to sqlplus through shell programming

Hi, Currently i have a .sql file 1.sql. I need to pass that as a parameter through a shell script to the sqlplus inside the same shell script. How I should I do.can anyone help me pls. I have an req where I need to send the .sql file and the place where the script has to create a .csv... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter from sqlplus(procedure completed) to your shell script

if then # mail -s "Import failed file does not exist" sanjay.jaiswal@xyz.com echo "FILE does not exist" exit 1 fi echo "FILE EXIST" size=-1 set $(du /export/home/oracle/nas/scott21.dmp.gz) while do echo "Inside the loop" size=$1 set $(du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanora600
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass shell parameters to awk does not work

Why does this work for myfile in `find . -name "R*VER" -mtime +1` do SHELLVAR=`grep ^err $myfile || echo "No error"` ECHO $SHELLVAR done and outputs No error err ->BIST Login Fail 3922 err No error err ->IR Remote Key 1 3310 err But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pass value from sqlplus to shell on AIX

hello friend good morning I have a problem, how can I take the value that the PROCEDURE returns to me in the variable "CodError", when the connection to the bbdd is closed I lose the value and I need it in the shell #AIX cat <<EOF | sqlplus -s ${ORA_LOGIN}/${ORA_PASSWORD} > $logftmp set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
6 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::PostgreSQL(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       SQL::ReservedWords::PostgreSQL(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::PostgreSQL - Reserved SQL words by PostgreSQL SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::PostgreSQL->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved PostgreSQL word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by PostgreSQL. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either PostgreSQL 7.3, 7.4, 8.0 or 8.1. is_reserved_by_postgresql7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either PostgreSQL 7.3 or 7.4. is_reserved_by_postgresql8( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either PostgreSQL 8.0 or 8.1. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with PostgreSQL versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_postgresql7 is_reserved_by_postgresql8 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::PostgreSQL(3pm)