Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09 Post 302529906 by gowthamakanthan on Saturday 11th of June 2011 06:19:54 AM
Old 06-11-2011
Yes I have tried .. but getting the same error which i posted in the last thread.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Want to expand Solaris 10_x86 root UFS partition

OS: Solaris 10_x86. Problem: Server needs to be patched, but root "/" is near full. /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 4.2G 3.9G 284M 94% / The /exports/home dir has a lot more space, and I'd like to either move root "/" to it, or delete it all together: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 12G ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
20 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS on solaris 10 with x86 platform

HI , I required brief about the zfs creation on solaris 10 with x86 platform. I had done with sparc system. Is it same or different as Sparc. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris

Hi, Im currently having my diskspace allocation of my UFS filesystem in solris as 100% for /usr directory.I have created a zfs pool of 3 gb.I want to allocate space from my zfs pool to /usr so that i can free space in /usr.Please help me it is quiet urgent. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Convert UFS (root) to VxFS

Hi all, How to i use vxfs for my server? Because when i install OS, it is installed with ufs, then after Solaris 10 installation, i proceed to install vxfs. How do i convert all the ufs to vxfs? Or is it what i'm doing is the incorrect way? Please help. :wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)														pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)