Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xargs command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting xargs command Post 302529387 by ahmad.diab on Thursday 9th of June 2011 08:42:39 AM
Old 06-09-2011
your code is missing {} after -I see below :-

Code:
echo archDP105144_1_702159963.dbf| xargs -I{} cp {} `echo {}|awk '{sub(/DP1/,"TML");print}'`

BR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of xargs command

Hi Everybody, Can you explain the difference between the following commands: 1. find . -print|xargs grep -i dba_2pc_pending 2. find . -print|grep -i dba_2pc_pending (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorebabu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs command outupt to file

Hello, I'm on a mac trying to have the follow cmd list the files after touch, but very unsuccessful. Please can you help. sort $BOTHFILE | uniq -u | xargs -I {} -t touch {} >> $LOGFILE ; BOTHFile contents in form of /directory/file.txt thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblos
3 Replies

3. AIX

command usage on find with xargs and tar

my task : tar up large bunch of files(about 10,000 files) in the current directories that created more than 30 days ago but it come with following error find ./ -ctime +30 | xargs tar rvf test1.tar tar: test1.tar: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkrainbow
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

querry about xargs command

what is the real use of xargs command ..? ls -tr |xargs -I{} rm -f {} ....can any one tell me what is the significance of {} curly brackets in this command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xargs command problem

Hi I am trying to use "xargs" command to loop through each file, modify it and overwrite the old file with the modification but with the same file name. I thought it is easy but I just can't get it to work I tried the following I thought {} would give me the current file name, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tiger66
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in xargs command

Hi, What is the difference in capitalizing the option 'i' of xargs command, (i.e) xargs -i and xargs -I? Also, what is the difference between the below 2 commands? output_from_cmd | xargs -I {} grep '{}' file output_from_cmd | xargs -I grep '{}' file Any efficiency or performance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with xargs command..

ls -lrt | awk '$7==12{print $9}' | xargs -i mv {} $dir i executed this command but $dir does not exists....... and the files hv been moved but i dont know where ..... plz help(ASAP) thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptam
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe output a command to another using xargs

xargs work great when a command gives multiple line output which can be input to another. In my case it is not working coz the second command uses two words in it. $ scr.sh gives output like 193740 638102 375449 .. .. another command takes these number as inputs. it works great... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh113
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for XARGS command Silent options

ls | grep -E '^+$' | xargs --verbose -I{} rm -vfr "{}"; When i execute the command it works fine by removing the directories and its writing the output as below about which files are deleting.What i want know is,is there any XARGS command option that it should done silently in background with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshreddy443
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Xargs -P command execution status

Hi, I am working on a file copier utility where I have written the copy commands to a batch file e.g. file_copier.bat which i pass to xargs command as follows. cat file_copier.bat | xargs -n 1 -P 40 I also want to record the copy command status of each file/command in the form "command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur singh
1 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)