Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xargs command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting xargs command Post 302529284 by vidyadhar85 on Thursday 9th of June 2011 02:23:59 AM
Old 06-09-2011
why can't you use simple for loop?

Code:

for file in *DP1*.dbf ; do
cp ${file} `echo ${file}|awk '{sub(/DP1/,"TML");print}'`
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of xargs command

Hi Everybody, Can you explain the difference between the following commands: 1. find . -print|xargs grep -i dba_2pc_pending 2. find . -print|grep -i dba_2pc_pending (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorebabu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs command outupt to file

Hello, I'm on a mac trying to have the follow cmd list the files after touch, but very unsuccessful. Please can you help. sort $BOTHFILE | uniq -u | xargs -I {} -t touch {} >> $LOGFILE ; BOTHFile contents in form of /directory/file.txt thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblos
3 Replies

3. AIX

command usage on find with xargs and tar

my task : tar up large bunch of files(about 10,000 files) in the current directories that created more than 30 days ago but it come with following error find ./ -ctime +30 | xargs tar rvf test1.tar tar: test1.tar: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkrainbow
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

querry about xargs command

what is the real use of xargs command ..? ls -tr |xargs -I{} rm -f {} ....can any one tell me what is the significance of {} curly brackets in this command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xargs command problem

Hi I am trying to use "xargs" command to loop through each file, modify it and overwrite the old file with the modification but with the same file name. I thought it is easy but I just can't get it to work I tried the following I thought {} would give me the current file name, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tiger66
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in xargs command

Hi, What is the difference in capitalizing the option 'i' of xargs command, (i.e) xargs -i and xargs -I? Also, what is the difference between the below 2 commands? output_from_cmd | xargs -I {} grep '{}' file output_from_cmd | xargs -I grep '{}' file Any efficiency or performance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with xargs command..

ls -lrt | awk '$7==12{print $9}' | xargs -i mv {} $dir i executed this command but $dir does not exists....... and the files hv been moved but i dont know where ..... plz help(ASAP) thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptam
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe output a command to another using xargs

xargs work great when a command gives multiple line output which can be input to another. In my case it is not working coz the second command uses two words in it. $ scr.sh gives output like 193740 638102 375449 .. .. another command takes these number as inputs. it works great... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh113
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for XARGS command Silent options

ls | grep -E '^+$' | xargs --verbose -I{} rm -vfr "{}"; When i execute the command it works fine by removing the directories and its writing the output as below about which files are deleting.What i want know is,is there any XARGS command option that it should done silently in background with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshreddy443
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Xargs -P command execution status

Hi, I am working on a file copier utility where I have written the copy commands to a batch file e.g. file_copier.bat which i pass to xargs command as follows. cat file_copier.bat | xargs -n 1 -P 40 I also want to record the copy command status of each file/command in the form "command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur singh
1 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)