Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For Loop Range Create Directories Post 302527087 by bartus11 on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 10:29:29 AM
Old 06-02-2011
Code:
$ for i in {2..24}; do mkdir ${i}_MAY_2011 ; done

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range specification in for loop

Hello Friends, I want to use range in for loop. For that i used (..) operator but it is not working. Ex: for i in 1..24 do echo $i done Instead of printing 1 to 24 nos, it gives o/p as: 1..24 Please help me Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niyati
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Create range of values

Hi, I have a file with the below like values with integers only in sorted order (May or may not be in sequence) Eg: File1.txt ----------- 1 2 3 4 5 6 . . . . . 10000 My requirement here is to create a range of values out put to a temp k (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiva447
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create range from a list

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a script that will make a range or ranges based on a sorted list of numbers. Eg. If the list is like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 15 The output range should be: 1-7 12-15 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop directories mv files to target in range

Hello, Currently I have a painstaking process that I use to move file for a monthly archive. I have to run the same two commands for 24 different directories. I wish to have a script with a for loop automate this and I have not been able to succeed. Here is what I do 24 times. I know this is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

use variable to set the range of a for loop

Hi; For sure there's an easy answer to this one that I am not finding.. I first set a variable, say b1a:] max=5 then I want to use max to set the range for a for loop like so (it should run for i in 1:5) b1a:] for i in {1..$max}; do echo $i; done {1..5} I would like the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbr950
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create individual entries from a range of numbers?

I want to create entries based on the series as in examples below: Input: 2dat3 grht-5&&-15 3dat3 grht-16&&-30 4dat3 ftht-4&&-12 5sat3 ftht-16&&-20 Output: 2dat3 grht-5 2dat3 grht-6 2dat3 grht-7 2dat3 grht-8 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
7 Replies

8. Solaris

File System Error: BAD SUPERBLOCK AT BLOCK 16: NUMBER OF DIRECTORIES OUT OF RANGE

Hi All, we are having a file system error in one of our servers. The server failed to boot in usual user mode. Instead boot with single user mode and requesting to run a FSCK manually to repair the corrupted. see the below output. Netra T2000, No Keyboard Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddhike G
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL script to capture range of lines and create two independent variables

Hi I am having a code as stated below module abcd( a , b , c ,da , fa, na , ta , ma , ra , ta, la , pa ); input a , b, da ,fa , na , ta , ma; output c , ra ,ta , la ,pa ; wire a , b , da , fa ,na , ta , ma; // MBIST Structures... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)