Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Listing 000 permission files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing 000 permission files Post 302526698 by michaelrozar17 on Wednesday 1st of June 2011 07:44:31 AM
Old 06-01-2011
The above command seems to work fine for me. Are you sure you have directories in your current directory with 000 permission..? Below is the format of the 0 permission directory in my machine.Is the below one is similar to yours ls -l..?
Code:
d--------- 2 own frp  1024 2011-06-01 07:34 mike

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft "Donates" $3,000,000,000 to Feds

Surreal quote from the news link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44615-2002Nov12.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission 000

hi all i was reading some questions related to file permission if file has 000 permission then who can read the file ? i think no one can read the file. correct me if i am wrong (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating 10,000 files in unix

hi all, I am an UNIX beginner. I need to create 10,000 .dat files in unix. and first file should have 10102009*1*14, second file should have 10102009*2*14, and the 10,000th file should contain 10102009*10000*14, (Comma is a must at end) The file name should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishpv_2002
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can root user run chmod 000 permission shell script?

Hi, I have a shell script file which is set to access permission 000. When I login as root (sudo su) and try to run this script, I am getting the Permission denied error. I have read somewhere that root admin user can execute any kind of permission script. Then why this behavior? However, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Take 100MB worth files from 200,000 Files

Hi, I have a process which creates almost 200K files. Each file ranging from 1kb to 5kb. This is almost 2GB of data in all files. I have a requirement where the business needs only 100MB worth of files. Is there a way to get files around 100MB (doesn't have to be exactly 100MB) from all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
2 Replies
delete directory(1m)													      delete directory(1m)

NAME
delete directory - Deletes a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp delete directory directory-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The delete directory command deletes a directory. The directory cannot contain any object entries, soft links, or child pointers. The master replica must be the only remaining replica in the cell. Use the delete replica command if you need to remove read-only replicas. Privilege Required You must have delete permission to the directory and write permission to the clearinghouse that stores the master replica of the directory. The server principal needs administer permission to the parent directory or delete permission to the child pointer that points to the directory you intend to delete. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command deletes the directory /.:/eng from the namespace: cdscp> delete directory /.:/eng RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create directory(1m), delete replica(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) delete directory(1m)