Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: command does not work
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting command does not work Post 302526409 by gary_w on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 12:14:40 PM
Old 05-31-2011
Need more info

What system and shell are you using? What error are you getting?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

does find command always work ?!

hello ! can so help me ? here is my problem : a same command, using find command works on a server, but doesn't on another. I've been told, that it could be because of the file systems ... it's amazing ! can so explain, please ? thank you for your answer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chocolate
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

ls command doesnt work

Good Day I mistakely renamed the dld.sl file in the /usr/lib directory. When i try to ls/ftp into the box i get this error :eek: crt0: ERROR couldn't open /usr/lib/dld.sl errno:000000002 I have tried to rename it back from the renamed file to the original file name, but it gives me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command work but not in SH script

Command works but not in SH At terminal if i type: scp test.tar.gz user1@server2:/home/user Everything run smoothly (keyed, no password need) At script , test.sh #!/bin/sh scp test.tar.gz user1@server2:/home/user Nothing happen and clue ? ? ? ? ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cititester
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at command does not work

at command does not work with graphic programs like firefox, evolution, etc It works with other commands for example: at now shutdown -h now OK but at now firefox does not work Anyone knows if its possible to open a firefox window at a scheduled time? Thanks Jose (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: otilesoj
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with basic command that will not work

I need to be able to look up a file system with the inode number 214743 and, get its absolute reference in a single line... I have tried.. "find / -inum 214743 -print" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blankets3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP command through ITIM does not work

Hi, We have two Linux box (Machine A and Machine B). Standalone application(ITIM) running on Machine A. Target file to copy is available on Machine B. SSH Handshaking done between Machine A and Machine B using normal user "ssh". Standalone application running on Machine A under user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish_gauns
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command does not work

Hello. I have a question as to why my grep command does not seem to be working. grep -c '^?*' ~ grep -c '^.*' ~ I wanted to count the number of files starting with the letter K and have some letters after that. I have such files in my home directory. However, the output is 0. So, I have no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Would pipe work better with this command

Hi again, have a script that I would like run, but before I can run it I need to strip out the windows \r end of lines. I have put the command into a text file and set the command to run every 10 seconds the coomand I use to do this is while sleep 10; do... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command does not work as expected

Why when I use this command do I get "E123"? echo NCE123 | sed -n 's/\(.*\)\(\{1,\}\{1,5\}\)\(.*\)/\2/p' But when I used this command, I get NCE123? echo NCE123 | sed -n 's/\(.*\)\(\{3\}\{1,5\}\)\(.*\)/\2/p' I thought \{1,\} would mean any number of characters and \{1,5\ would mean 1-5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy command does not work

I am new to this forum. I have a script which randomly throws error.Following are steps followed in this script: Generate Term file Remove previous term and rpt files from utility directory. copy term file to utility directory call sql to generate rpt file using term file as input copy the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann15
4 Replies
git-annex-shell(1)					      General Commands Manual						git-annex-shell(1)

NAME
git-annex-shell - Restricted login shell for git-annex only SSH access SYNOPSIS
git-annex-shell [-c] command [params ...] DESCRIPTION
git-annex-shell is a restricted shell, similar to git-shell, which can be used as a login shell for SSH accounts. Since its syntax is identical to git-shell's, it can be used as a drop-in replacement anywhere git-shell is used. For example it can be used as a user's restricted login shell. COMMANDS
Any command not listed below is passed through to git-shell. Note that the directory parameter should be an absolute path, otherwise it is assumed to be relative to the user's home directory. Also the first "/~/" or "/~user/" is expanded to the specified home directory. configlist directory This outputs a subset of the git configuration, in the same form as git config --list inannex directory [key ...] This checks if all specified keys are present in the annex, and exits zero if so. dropkey directory [key ...] This drops the annexed data for the specified keys. recvkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to receive the content of a key, and stores the content in the annex. sendkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to transfer out the content of a key. commit directory This commits any staged changes to the git-annex branch. It also runs the annex-content hook. OPTIONS
Most options are the same as in git-annex. The ones specific to git-annex-shell are: --uuid=UUID git-annex uses this to specify the UUID of the repository it was expecting git-annex-shell to access, as a sanity check. HOOK
After content is received or dropped from the repository by git-annex-shell, it runs a hook, .git/hooks/annex-content (or hooks/annex-con- tent on a bare repository). The hook is not currently passed any information about what changed. ENVIRONMENT
GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_READONLY If set, disallows any command that could modify the repository. GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_LIMITED If set, disallows running git-shell to handle unknown commands. SEE ALSO
git-annex(1) git-shell(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> <http://git-annex.branchable.com/> git-annex-shell(1)