Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP a file on Hourly basis
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP a file on Hourly basis Post 302525785 by SunilB2011 on Saturday 28th of May 2011 11:31:31 AM
Old 05-28-2011
Bug FTP a file on Hourly basis

Hi,

I have to upload a file test_201105281100.txt to a ftp location.

The files will be created on hourly basis like test_201105281100.txt, test_201105281200.txt & so on.

After a file is uploaded successfully, I need to rename the file as test_201105281100.success & if it is not uploaded successfully then rename it as test_201105281100.failure.

Also I need to delete the older files ( I may delete all the files or only .success files). After 12 AM on 30th May, I want to delete all the files that were created on 28th.

I want the script to run as a cron job.

Please help.

Note: I will be able to implement & test the solution that you suggest on Monday morning (more than 36 Hours from now).

Thanks,
Sunil

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you automate an hourly file check?

Hi, New to the forum, Great site, I can learn a lot from here!! :cool: I would like to know how to automate a command that checks the Sybase database's are "alive" on an hourly basis, and mails outlook if they are not (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mals
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

count string occurance in a file hourly

Hi, I file that has all the status for one day (24hours). Now what I want to do is to count the occurence of a string in its output hourly like for example count occurance of successful or asynchronous clear destinon for every hour and redirect it to file. Please see sample file below. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Monitoring the output of 'top' command on hourly basis.

I need to capture the following data on an hourly basis through cronjob scheduling:- 1. load averages 2. Total no. of processes. 3. CPU state 4. Memory 5. Top 3 process details. All the above information is available through the command 'top'. But here we need to automate the same and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subharai
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment #'s in text file hourly

I have a text file with a number "001". I am trying to change this number every hour and increment by "1". So every hour it would add +1 to that number. I am able to change the file with sed but unable to have it increment it by "1" without me adding that to the sed command. Any help is... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: noob33
23 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep string from hourly basis files

dear all, pls help on this script.. i have many files which will be created every mins in particular directory. i want to grep a particular string from only for unique hour files. from the below code i want to grep a string from only 9th hour files . Ex files: -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create log file periodically ex: hourly

Hello, I have a command which runs continuously and creates output to STDOUT. Now, in unix, if I create logging for this command, it would create a single log file and keep on updating. As there is so much data filled in it, I would want to break the log files periodically. In this instance, say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarme_1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab on hourly basis

Hi.. I need to run the script on hourly basis. How do I write the crontab on hourly basis i.e, 9:00, 10:00.....22:00.. 23:00 hours Please let me know if the below is correct one for crontab on hourly basis. 00 * * * * ksh myscript.ksh > /dev/null Regards, John (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate avg response time on hourly basis

Hi, I am trying to calculate avg response time on hourly basis from the log file which has millions of records. As of now I am trying with creating temp file which will have lines with unique id and start time and end time and after that another script will run on this temp file to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: random_thoughts
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining files(every 15 min) as one file(hourly)

Hello, My system is generating two files every 15 minutes and file names are given automatically as below. (98,99,89,90 are the sequence numbers) File1_09242013131016_000000098 File1_09242013131516_000000099 File2_09242013124212_000000089 File2_09242013124712_000000090 I want to combine... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenex11
6 Replies
PHAR.EXTRACTTO(3)							 1							 PHAR.EXTRACTTO(3)

Phar::extractTo - Extract the contents of a phar archive to a directory

SYNOPSIS
public bool Phar::extractTo (string $pathto, [string|array $files], [bool $overwrite = false]) DESCRIPTION
Note This method requires the php.ini setting phar.readonly to be set to 0 in order to work for Phar objects. Otherwise, a PharException will be thrown. Extract all files within a phar archive to disk. Extracted files and directories preserve permissions as stored in the archive. The optional parameters allow optional control over which files are extracted, and whether existing files on disk can be overwritten. The sec- ond parameter files can be either the name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of names of files and directories to extract. By default, this method will not overwrite existing files, the third parameter can be set to true to enable overwriting of files. This method is similar to ZipArchive.extractTo(3). PARAMETERS
o $pathto - Path within an archive to the file to delete. o $files - The name of a file or directory to extract, or an array of files/directories to extract o $overwrite - Set to TRUE to enable overwriting existing files RETURN VALUES
returns TRUE on success, but it is better to check for thrown exception, and assume success if none is thrown. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws PharException if errors occur while flushing changes to disk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A Phar.extractTo(3) example <?php try { $phar = new Phar('myphar.phar'); $phar->extractTo('/full/path'); // extract all files $phar->extractTo('/another/path', 'file.txt'); // extract only file.txt $phar->extractTo('/this/path', array('file1.txt', 'file2.txt')); // extract 2 files only $phar->extractTo('/third/path', null, true); // extract all files, and overwrite } catch (Exception $e) { // handle errors } ?> SEE ALSO
PharData.extractTo(3). PHP Documentation Group PHAR.EXTRACTTO(3)