Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Home directories in packages
Operating Systems HP-UX Home directories in packages Post 302522371 by methyl on Saturday 14th of May 2011 10:13:37 PM
Old 05-14-2011
Suggest you create an account on the HP ITRC (whether or not you have a maintenance contract) and ask your question there. Serviceguard is a HP-specifice package and outside the scope of unix.com.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

HACMP users home directories

What would be the best approach to configure one external /home f/s in simple two node config and have concurrent access ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zz2kzq
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete old home directories

I have a script that deletes obselete users from /etc/passwd then moves their home directories to another location. After 30 days, I need to delete the home directories that were moved to the new location. I would appreciate any ideas on how to delete the directories after the 30 days? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munch
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why /home and /packages are network based?

Does anyone noe why /home n /packages r usually kept remotely..as in network base by administrators?is it because of security reasons??? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rave77us
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to backup /home directories?

I know that how to backup the home directories in sun sparc server. Firstly, umount the filesystem, Secondly, fsck the filesystem, Thirdly, ufsdump the filesystem. Anybody know how to type the full command line backup the /home directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingsan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to find the software packages and root directories

Hi all, i have one requirement to audit the software packages list in unix server. For this the i go through #pkginfo command.But there are lot of packages. i get confused how to find the software packages and root directories paths. Please let me know whether i am going correct way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with multiple home directories.

I need to rename a directory in every home directory on a given workstation. I am a newb to scripting so maybe thats why I cant exactly figure out how to correctly do this. The first thing I need to be able to do to write this script is figure out how to list all the directorys (these are not... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX home directories

Hi All, Could someone help, am a complete beginner when it comes to UNIX. However I have been tasked with investigating automatic creation of UK unix home directories. Is someone able to help? Thanks in advance! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainster
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List /home directories in a file

Hi, i was looking at a unix paper i found and one of the tasks was to create a file called 'usernames' that contains a list of all directories in /home. This file should be located in the /home/userinfo directory. How would i go about doing this without changing directories from the home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directories not being created by useradd

greetings. I'm using debian lenny, bash shell environment. It is my understanding that by default, the useradd command should create subdirectories under the /home directory, with the same name as the user being created, but this is not happening. I checked useradd -D and it showed, among... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fguy
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to unmount user home directories ??

I've allocated /exports for all user directories by making separate directories under /exports..... :rolleyes: now i need to unmount /exports . But i'm unable to do that.. How can i troubleshoot this issue. Thanks in advance:D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
cmrunpkg(1m)															      cmrunpkg(1m)

NAME
cmrunpkg - run a high availability package SYNOPSIS
cmrunpkg [-v] [-t] [[-a] | [-n node_name]...] package_name... cmrunpkg [-v] [-m module_name] [-e exclude_module_name] [-n node_name] package_name DESCRIPTION
cmrunpkg connects to the Serviceguard cluster manager and runs the specified package(s) or multi-node package instance(s). Each package or package instance named by package_name must be in a halted state at the time cmrunpkg is issued. To start a package, a user must either be a superuser with effective user ID of zero (see id(1) and su(1)), or have an access policy of PACKAGE_ADMIN for the packages specified. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m) or cmmakepkg(1m). cmrunpkg may be run on any node within the cluster and may operate on any package within the cluster. The use of zero or more node_name arguments will be interpreted differently depending on the package type(s) involved: FAILOVER By default, the package will be run on the node where the cmrunpkg command was issued. This will result in an error if that node is not contained in the package configured node list. If one node_name argument is provided, the package will attempt to start on the node specified. If more than one node_name arguments are specified, the command will fail. Also, when dependencies are configured for a failover package, and if the package has AUTO_RUN enabled and/or FAILBACK is set to AUTOMATIC, the package may not start on the node specified in the cmrunpkg command. MULTI_NODE (HP-UX only) package will be run on all enabled nodes in the package's configured node list. Nodes already running an instance of the package will be skipped. If one or more node_name arguments are supplied, the package will be started on each of the nodes specified which do not already have the package running. Any specified node where the package is already running will be skipped. SYSTEM_MULTI_NODE (HP-UX only) package will be run on all nodes in the cluster. Supplying node_name arguments with this type of package will result in an error. cmrunpkg validates its command line prior to starting any package and returns an error if illegal combinations of node_name and pack- age_name arguments are encountered. cmrunpkg will fail if starting a package specified in the command line will cause another package that is currently running to halt or restart because of package dependency or package weights. Each package is run in the order specified on the command line unless a package contains dependencies on other packages, in which case they are run in dependency order. To successfully run a package configured with dependencies, all other packages named in a DEPENDENCY_CONDITION attribute must either be running or specified on the cmrunpkg command line if the DEPENDENCY_CONDITION attribute specifies an "up" depen- dency. Packages containing a STORAGE_GROUP definition have an implicit dependency on the configured cluster volume manager (CVM) system multi-node package (either SG-CFS-pkg or VxVM-CVM-pkg). Thus, the system multi-node package must be running or specified on the command line when starting packages containing STORAGE_GROUP definitions (HP-UX only). If a problem is detected while starting a package, cmrunpkg exits with an error indication and remaining package_name arguments are not processed. When a package is started on a node, the package's run script is executed. The following are the possible exit values from a run script: 0 The package has been successfully started. 1 The package could not be started and the package should not be restarted on any other node. Switching for this package becomes disabled. 2 The package could not be started but the package may be restarted on another node in the cluster. cmrunpkg does not modify the current value of the packages global switching (AUTO_RUN) flag. If a packages AUTO_RUN flag was disabled prior to running cmrunpkg, it will still be disabled after the packages run script completes. Use cmmodpkg -e to reenable this flag. Options cmrunpkg supports the following options: -n node_name Act on the specified set of nodes. This option does not apply to SYSTEM_MULTI_NODE packages, which must run on all nodes or none. Multiple node_name arguments may only be specified for MULTI_NODE packages. It is invalid to specify both -n and -a options. -a If the package is a FAILOVER package, Serviceguard chooses an eligible node from the package's configured node list to start the package. If more than one package are specified on the command line, the packages may start on differ- ent nodes. Note that if the package has dependencies, Serviceguard honors the node order of the packages it depends on. For example, if package pkgA depends on package pkgB to be up on the same node, cmrunpkg -a pkgA pkgB, will not start pkgA if pkgA cannot run on node1 and pkgB with higher priority prefers to run on node1. Two packages with dif- ferent_node or same_node exclusionary dependencies cannot be specified on the same cmrunpkg command line without the -a option. If the package is a MULTI_NODE package, it will be run on all eligible nodes in the package's configured node list. Nodes already running an instance of the package will be skipped. It is invalid to specify both -n and -a options. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or pack- ages. This option validates the node's eligibility with respect to the package dependencies as well as the external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage before predicting any package placement decisions. -m module_name Specifies the last module that will be started in a partial startup of the package (all package modules in the startup sequence up to and including this one will be started, but the rest will not). This option is only valid for a package that is in maintenance mode. -e exclude_module_name Specifies the name of the module that should be excluded from the package run sequence. Only one exclude_module_name can be specified and it must be a valid module in the package configuration file with a valid module script associ- ated with it. This option is only valid for a package that is in maintenance mode. RETURN VALUE
cmrunpkg returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. 2 Command failed due to a transient condition. EXAMPLES
A sequence of cmhaltpkg and cmrunpkg commands may be used to move a package from one node to another. For example, the package may be halted on one node and then run on a new node, provided that the package is enabled for the new node. To move package package1 to node node1, do the following: cmhaltpkg package1 cmrunpkg -n node1 package1 cmmodpkg -e package1 (to enable global package switching, if desired) To run instances of the multi-node package mnp1 on nodes node1 and node2, do the following: cmrunpkg -n node1 -n node2 mnp1 To start a package that is in maintenance mode up to and including a specific module: cmrunpkg -m sg/service pkg1 To start a package that is in maintenance mode up to and including a specific module but excluding a specific module: cmrunpkg -m sg/service pkg1 -e sg/package_ip AUTHOR
cmrunpkg was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmmakepkg(1m), cmhaltpkg(1m), cmmodpkg(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmrunpkg(1m)