Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX power problem cron message on screen Post 302520118 by dukessd on Thursday 5th of May 2011 09:50:25 PM
Old 05-05-2011
I suspect there is another errpt entry causing the cron entry.

Try:
diag
enter to get through the messages
task selection
log a repair action
highlight sysplanar0
hit enter to select it, a "+" sign appears next to it.
hit F7 to commit the selection

This should stop diag ELA from repopulating the cron table and also log an errpt entry showing a repair action for sysplanar0 - which "owns" the power components in the system.

Then wait a day or so, if it comes back then check the errpt and the led lights on the power supplies, if the message comes back you may have a dead psu, if not it was probably caused by a power outage.

From your posted errpt entry you should also check out your DS4k storage MEL (major event log) for problems.

HTH.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron message queue problem

I have a problem with running jobs out of cron on Solaris 8. Initially when one of the users on the box (other than root) attempted to save the crontab after modification by using "crontab -e", the message "Crontab: cannot open the crontab file in the crontab directory" was given. I then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron wall message problem

Operating system sun solaris 5.8 My problem is : crontab -e 15 16 * * * /bckscripts/oo vi /bcscripts/oo = wall " stop backup " the system at the 16:15 all day time doesn't display message " stop backup " What's the problem ??? i'am root user the follow is the root dir... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unwanted Error Message on Screen

Below is a part of the script that I wrote when checking whether a file exist in the Internal Disk or not. If a file doesn't exist, how do you get rid of the error message "file or directory does not exist" to show up on screen? Instead, I wanted only the warning message "FILE DOES NOT EXIST IN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
5 Replies

4. AIX

AIX and cron logs filtering ?: /etc/cronlog.conf, /var/adm/cron/log

Hi, I can use 'crontabs –e' and do all the scheduling I like. However I would like to auto send myself just the cronjobs logs that fail. That is to say the PIDs that fail and the related lines with those PID’s only. (Not the full set of logs) Has anyone done this work? Or does an AIX 5.3 tool... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris box shows blank screen after power up

Hi All, I have a solaris machine that powers up and displays a blank screen? All the keyboard, monitor and mouse are plugged in. It was booting fine before and when it was disconnected and re-connected (mouse/keyboard/monitor) it just powered on and came up with a blank screen. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
5 Replies

6. AIX

AIX POWER 6 Prosessor

How AIX POWER 6 Processor exploit over 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanj
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX does not boot after power on

We have a RS6000, model B50, type 7046, where I installed AIX 4.3.3 But, if the power goes off, the operating system does not restart, and I have to go there and push the button to start AIX again. Is there any way this procedure to be avoided, this is, I want the AIX to start automatically... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebastia.net
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display message on screen and flat file at same time

Hi guys, I have a script that call another, the other displays de message and I can print directly to the flat file, but in one command I am searchig that this message can be displayed in the screen and in the flat file in one command. I am doing something like this: var=$(./Example.sh)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pipoca
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 7.1 screen problem

I am certain I have seen a thread for this somewhere but cannot remember where. The problem is for example when in smitty when all fields have been populated and return has been selected the screen clears and then returns with corruption. Also when using the more pipe once the end is reached or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting phone number, its message and assigning them into 2 variables then screen output.

Hi Everyone, I have a flatfile "inbox.txt" which contains some information: Location 0, folder "Inbox", SIM memory, Inbox folder SMS message SMSC number : "+24800000023" Sent : Sat 04 Aug 2012 09:01:00 PM +0700 Coding : Default GSM alphabet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: testcase
5 Replies
power(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 power(9E)

NAME
power - power a device attached to the system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixpower(dev_info_t *dip, int component, int level); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required. If the driver writer does not supply this entry point, the value NULL must be used in the cb_ops(9S) structure instead. PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. component Component of the driver to be managed. level Desired component power level. DESCRIPTION
The power(9E) function is the device-specific Power Management entry point. This function is called when the system wants the driver to set the power level of component to level. The level argument is the driver-defined power level to which the component needs to be set. Except for power level 0, which is inter- preted by the framework to mean "powered off," the interpretation of level is entirely up to the driver. The component argument is the component of the device to be power-managed. The interpretation of component is entirely up to the driver. When a requested power transition would cause the device to lose state, the driver must save the state of the device in memory. When a requested power transition requires state to be restored, the driver must restore that state. If a requested power transition for one component requires another component to change power state before it can be completed, the driver must call pm_raise_power(9F) to get the other component changed, and the power(9E) entry point must support being re-entered. If the system requests an inappropriate power transition for the device (for example, a request to power down a device which has just become busy), then the power level should not be changed and power should return DDI_FAILURE. RETURN VALUES
The power() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the power to the requested level. DDI_FAILURE Failed to set the power to the requested level. CONTEXT
The power() function is called from user or kernel context only. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attach(9E), detach(9E), pm_busy_component(9F), pm_idle_component(9F), pm_raise_power(9F), cb_ops(9S) Writing Device Drivers Using Power Management SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2003 power(9E)