Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ssh connection keep disconected , how to find way? in CentOs vmware Post 302519060 by umen on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 12:56:21 AM
Old 05-03-2011
hi
when i check /var/log/secure im getting :

Jan 23 18:01:09 localhost sshd[17461]: Exiting on signal 15 when i check the "/var/log/messages" there is nothing that says something about this signal my iptables is closed

also i authenticate and the disconnect happens after successful authentication.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect without getting disconected

hey do some one know whats wrong cause when i try to play all server list are crowded do some one know how i can connect without getting disconected? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daryldave
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris10 on vmware - Internet connection failed

Installed Sun Solaris 10 (5/09) on vmware 6.0 but system is not connecting to internet. when I check "ipconfig /all" I do not get any DNS Suffix name -- neither for vmnet1 and vmnet8 nor for local ethernet IP. Default gateways are 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 1. Created /etc/resolv.conf domain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnjerry
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

postfix connection timed out issue on centOS

hello everyone i hav LITTLE issue, pending for just last week regarding postfix/sendmail server. M not able to forward mail to outer domain. I hav not configured DNS server uptill now, so nvr tried to receive mail from any domain, as i don require that as of now. Can anybody suggest a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle.test2
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

can't ping to my VMWare CentOs after seting host name

Im using CentOs 5.5 , i tried to change the host name to be for example my_server_1 , according to the web i changed the /etc/sysconf/network to look like this : NETWORKING=yes NETWORKING_IPV6=no #HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain HOSTNAME=my_server_1 and changed the hosts file to look like this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

VMware View Client Connection Issues

I installed the VMware View Client for Linux in Ubuntu and whenever I try and connect I recieve: Untrusted View Connection: Failed to connect to the View Connection Server. The server provided an invalid certificate. The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect. Having access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

[Solved] Ssh and scp between two vmware Ubuntu

Hello, Please, I would like to connect a VM to another: I typed as follows: ssh root@192.168.1.4 root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied, please try again. root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied, please try again. root@192.168.1.4 's password: Permission denied... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
LAST,LASTB(1)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     LAST,LASTB(1)

NAME
last, lastb - show listing of last logged in users SYNOPSIS
last [-R] [-num] [ -n num ] [-adFiowx] [ -f file ] [ -t YYYYMMDDHHMMSS ] [name...] [tty...] lastb [-R] [-num] [ -n num ] [ -f file ] [-adFiowx] [name...] [tty...] DESCRIPTION
Last searches back through the file /var/log/wtmp (or the file designated by the -f flag) and displays a list of all users logged in (and out) since that file was created. Names of users and tty's can be given, in which case last will show only those entries matching the arguments. Names of ttys can be abbreviated, thus last 0 is the same as last tty0. When last catches a SIGINT signal (generated by the interrupt key, usually control-C) or a SIGQUIT signal (generated by the quit key, usu- ally control-), last will show how far it has searched through the file; in the case of the SIGINT signal last will then terminate. The pseudo user reboot logs in each time the system is rebooted. Thus last reboot will show a log of all reboots since the log file was created. Lastb is the same as last, except that by default it shows a log of the file /var/log/btmp, which contains all the bad login attempts. OPTIONS
-f file Tells last to use a specific file instead of /var/log/wtmp. -num This is a count telling last how many lines to show. -n num The same. -t YYYYMMDDHHMMSS Display the state of logins as of the specified time. This is useful, e.g., to determine easily who was logged in at a particular time -- specify that time with -t and look for "still logged in". -R Suppresses the display of the hostname field. -a Display the hostname in the last column. Useful in combination with the next flag. -d For non-local logins, Linux stores not only the host name of the remote host but its IP number as well. This option translates the IP number back into a hostname. -F Print full login and logout times and dates. -i This option is like -d in that it displays the IP number of the remote host, but it displays the IP number in numbers-and-dots nota- tion. -o Read an old-type wtmp file (written by linux-libc5 applications). -w Display full user and domain names in the output. -x Display the system shutdown entries and run level changes. NOTES
The files wtmp and btmp might not be found. The system only logs information in these files if they are present. This is a local configura- tion issue. If you want the files to be used, they can be created with a simple touch(1) command (for example, touch /var/log/wtmp). FILES
/var/log/wtmp /var/log/btmp AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), login(1), init(8) Jul 31, 2004 LAST,LASTB(1)