Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting strange behaviour script terminate before complete execution Post 302516802 by hakermania on Monday 25th of April 2011 07:01:15 AM
Old 04-25-2011
Not sure, but try
Code:
#!/bin/bash
while read line; do
echo "test"
ssh root@host2 'df -h'
done << file_test

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/passwd strange behaviour!

Hi there, first of all, here is my conf of a uname -a Linux SAMBA 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686 unknown on a fedora machine. Here is my problem: every once in a while, the line containing root disappears in the /etc/passwd, disabling all logging on my server. Any one have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Strange Behaviour!!!

Can some-one give me a view to this : I have a directory in an unix server, having permissions r-xr-xr-x .This directory is basically a source directory. Now there is another directory basically the destination directory which has all the permissions. Note:I log in as not the owner,but user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange sed behaviour

$ echo a.bc | sed -e "s/\|/\\|/g" |a|.|b|c| $ Is the behavior of the sed statement expected ? Or is this a bug in sed ? OS details Linux 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:59:56 PDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behaviour from script in crontab

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, my search skills may be lacking somewhat today. I have a script that does the following (as a test): find . -name "*.txt" -exec file {} \; >>$sFullFilePath Now, the variable is set up up correctly in the script too. When I run the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PilotGoose
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Program behaviour

Had a strange thing going on with my code. It's ok I figured it out for myself.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpugster
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour from sed???

Hi all, I want to do a very simple thing with sed. I want to print out the line number of a disk I have defined in /etc/exports, so I do: It's all good, but here's the problem. When I define md0 in a variable, I get nothing from sed: Why is that? can anybody please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script strange behaviour

Hi people, I'm having some strange behaviour with an 'expect' script. spawn csession blah expect "Username: " send "userblah\r" expect "Password: " send "passwordblah\r" interact When I execute the script as root it runs perfectly. However, when executed as any other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GarciasMuffin
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange RegExp Behaviour

Hello, I was trying to identify lines who has a word of the following pattern "xyyx" (where x, and ys are different characters). I was trying the following grep - egrep '(\S)()\2\1' This pattern do catches the wanted pattern, but it also catches "GGGG" or "CCCC" patterns. I was trying to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itskov
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Script behaviour with Grep

Here is my script LOGDATE=`date '+%Y-%m-%d %k:%M' | cut -c1-15` echo $LOGDATE echo "grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.log >10min_log" grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.log>10min_log grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.logHere is the output of the script -rw-r--r-- 1 wluser wluser 0 May 3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
bup-on(1)						      General Commands Manual							 bup-on(1)

NAME
bup-on - run a bup server locally and client remotely SYNOPSIS
bup on <hostname> index ... bup on <hostname> save ... bup on <hostname> split ... DESCRIPTION
bup on runs the given bup command on the given host using ssh. It runs a bup server on the local machine, so that commands like bup save on the remote machine can back up to the local machine. (You don't need to provide a --remote option to bup save in order for this to work.) See bup-index(1), bup-save(1), and so on for details of how each subcommand works. This 'reverse mode' operation is useful when the machine being backed up isn't supposed to be able to ssh into the backup server. For example, your backup server can be hidden behind a one-way firewall on a private or dynamic IP address; using an ssh key, it can be autho- rized to ssh into each of your important machines. After connecting to each destination machine, it initiates a backup, receiving the resulting data and storing in its local repository. For example, if you run several virtual private Linux machines on a remote hosting provider, you could back them up to a local (much less expensive) computer in your basement. EXAMPLES
# First index the files on the remote server $ bup on myserver index -vux /etc bup server: reading from stdin. Indexing: 2465, done. bup: merging indexes (186668/186668), done. bup server: done # Now save the files from the remote server to the # local $BUP_DIR $ bup on myserver save -n myserver-backup /etc bup server: reading from stdin. bup server: command: 'list-indexes' PackIdxList: using 7 indexes. Saving: 100.00% (241/241k, 648/648 files), done. bup server: received 55 objects. Indexing objects: 100% (55/55), done. bup server: command: 'quit' bup server: done # Now we can look at the resulting repo on the local # machine $ bup ftp 'cat /myserver-backup/latest/etc/passwd' root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash daemon:x:1:1:daemon:/usr/sbin:/bin/sh bin:x:2:2:bin:/bin:/bin/sh sys:x:3:3:sys:/dev:/bin/sh sync:x:4:65534:sync:/bin:/bin/sync ... SEE ALSO
bup-index(1), bup-save(1), bup-split(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-on(1)