Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting strange behaviour script terminate before complete execution Post 302516791 by |UVI| on Monday 25th of April 2011 05:46:47 AM
Old 04-25-2011
The script is only for example.

I've to backup various folder for various hosts, and some folder include running Virtual Machines.

So I've to launch a script on remote machine that check if there are running VM and if yes, suspend the VM, make backup with rsync, and restart the VM

The previous script is only an example to understand how call remote script in a while loop.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/passwd strange behaviour!

Hi there, first of all, here is my conf of a uname -a Linux SAMBA 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686 unknown on a fedora machine. Here is my problem: every once in a while, the line containing root disappears in the /etc/passwd, disabling all logging on my server. Any one have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Strange Behaviour!!!

Can some-one give me a view to this : I have a directory in an unix server, having permissions r-xr-xr-x .This directory is basically a source directory. Now there is another directory basically the destination directory which has all the permissions. Note:I log in as not the owner,but user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange sed behaviour

$ echo a.bc | sed -e "s/\|/\\|/g" |a|.|b|c| $ Is the behavior of the sed statement expected ? Or is this a bug in sed ? OS details Linux 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:59:56 PDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behaviour from script in crontab

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, my search skills may be lacking somewhat today. I have a script that does the following (as a test): find . -name "*.txt" -exec file {} \; >>$sFullFilePath Now, the variable is set up up correctly in the script too. When I run the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PilotGoose
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Program behaviour

Had a strange thing going on with my code. It's ok I figured it out for myself.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpugster
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour from sed???

Hi all, I want to do a very simple thing with sed. I want to print out the line number of a disk I have defined in /etc/exports, so I do: It's all good, but here's the problem. When I define md0 in a variable, I get nothing from sed: Why is that? can anybody please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script strange behaviour

Hi people, I'm having some strange behaviour with an 'expect' script. spawn csession blah expect "Username: " send "userblah\r" expect "Password: " send "passwordblah\r" interact When I execute the script as root it runs perfectly. However, when executed as any other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GarciasMuffin
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange RegExp Behaviour

Hello, I was trying to identify lines who has a word of the following pattern "xyyx" (where x, and ys are different characters). I was trying the following grep - egrep '(\S)()\2\1' This pattern do catches the wanted pattern, but it also catches "GGGG" or "CCCC" patterns. I was trying to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itskov
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Script behaviour with Grep

Here is my script LOGDATE=`date '+%Y-%m-%d %k:%M' | cut -c1-15` echo $LOGDATE echo "grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.log >10min_log" grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.log>10min_log grep '$LOGDATE' /tmp/logs/vel.logHere is the output of the script -rw-r--r-- 1 wluser wluser 0 May 3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD