Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linking two tasks in a script Post 302516769 by kato on Monday 25th of April 2011 03:58:19 AM
Old 04-25-2011
how about just piping the grep output into the awk command?
Code:
grep -A1000000 "Acceptance" Brown_DL | awk '
    NR==1
    NR>1{ for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) { a[i]+=$i; }}
    END { if (NR > 1) { for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {printf a[i]/(NR-1) "\t";} } print ""; }' > final_results

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with tasks!

Hi guys! I have a dummy question for u :p I cant find a solution for these tascks...tried everything (i know :cool: ). 1 Issue the following command sleep 1000 Note that sleep 1000 waits 1000 seconds!!! You cannot do anything now!!! 2 Open another terminal window and enter the tty... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RomeO
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script(s) to Automate Tasks

I know that this has a bad title, but I'm not sure how to sum it up well. (And I'm new to Linux in general, so please excuse any incorrect terminology :o) Anyway, I'm trying to create a script that gets whatever folder you're in, and then does a command with that directory as an argument. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: droppedonjapan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script 'system' linking to local shell script not working

Trying to figure out why this works: printpwd.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Carp qw( fatalsToBrowser ); print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; $A = system("pwd"); $A = `pwd`; print "$A\n"; ^^actually that works/breaks if that makes any sense.. i get the working directory twice but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Threads/Tasks to run parallely using the shell script

Scenario: I have two PCs (named as A & B) which would send some traps to my third PC (named as C). In PC C, I have to write a shell script such that it should accept the datas from both the PC-A & B parallely. So my question is, is it possible to have two different child threads/tasks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Hello.. can someone help my with this tasks?

1. Write a shell program which renames the current directory with the given file extension to another extension. The playoffs are given on the command line. Example usage: $ Rename txt doc will be renamed: aaa.txt in aaa.doc Juhutxt in Juhudoc ... * To solve, you can also help with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclip
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule tasks in shell script

shell=ksh, How could I schedule tasks in shell script INSTEAD OF using the crontab -e functionality? For example, I want a script to print "Hello World" every 10 seconds (i.e., INTERVAL = 10s) until external termination signal is triggered. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script to read a tab delimited file and perform simple tasks

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hello! I need help with this problem bash shell scripting that basically just reads the data in a tab delimited file and does the following below 1. Read in the data file Survey.txt and assign the column values to variables of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsmith6932
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for linking files with paths in 2 text files

I have 2 txt files, 1.txt and 2.txt which contain the paths to files that need to be linked. Example 1.txt: /root/001/folder2/image4.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image4.nii.gz Example 2.txt: /root/001/folder2/image5.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image5.nii.gz Each line represents images from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script parallel tasks and command to wait untill complete?

Hello, im having bash script with while *** command1 && command2 && command3 && done i want to ask how i can prevent overloading server, by waiting untill all commands complete? any low resources intensive command like "wait" - i dont know if exist? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD