Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding WHERE an environment variable is defined. Post 302515034 by AlphaLexman on Monday 18th of April 2011 07:59:12 PM
Old 04-18-2011
You could try:
Code:
grep -r "MYCONFIG" * 2> /dev/null

In your /home/username or for a more thorough search in / (although it may take a while!)

Last edited by AlphaLexman; 04-18-2011 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: added '2> /dev/null'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

environment variable is not defined

moved to correct thread (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alien12
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace variable with a user defined variable

I have a file that has a list of entries in a column x z z z x y z The column can have any length and any number of any strings. I need to replace each unique string with a user defined number. I can filter the unique entries out using awk '{if (NF==5) print $2}' file | uniq | nl >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ce124
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Force Input in User Defined Variable

In a line such as: echo -n "How many days back would you like to check? "; read days How can I ensure that the user has a.) entered a number between 1-30 (not 0 or 31+) and b.) has not just hit enter (ie set it to "") and if it's entered wrong, how do I start the if statement over? I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Variable Value defined in a Script

Hi , I had a script in which there is a variable $LOG defined and I want to check where that variable is getting value from, is there a way I can check for that variable and it's value if it is defined in some other script function or script . I checked using command env and also export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: somu_june
1 Replies

5. SCO

Help finding where certain environment variables are set

i have two machines that should be identical but on one system there are some oracle environment (ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME, etc...) variables that are not being set for the users. I am trying to find where those environment variables are being set on the system which is working properly. All... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Defined Variable from text file

Hi Guys, I have one text file ABC.txt...It have 3 lines List=/home/klk/dir/ABC.txt Leajnk123 KJUHIO1234 IJOKIJ7676 I want use as different variable of each line.Just like X=firstline Y=Secound Line Z=Third Line (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doing math using user defined input and system environment variables

Hi, I need some help to setup some environmental variables. for example...Get A -> userdefined/user input B -> a number. c -> system variable...for example $GETCONF PAGE_SIZE E = do some math using bc display a message "The value is E" setup the system/kernel paramter sysctl -p... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanapandi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get variable defined in BASH subshell outside?

I'm a BASH shell user (relatively new) I need to get a variable calculated in a subshell, outside the subshell, when it completes. I can do it, by writing the variable into a file, and then reading the file again when outside the subshell. I've tried lots of things from exporting to environmental... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goreilly
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: use variable defined in begin

Hi there, I'm working with file more than 400K lines, 60 columns. Column count is going to be multiple of 12: 60, 12, 72 or so. NF/12 gives me on how many iterations I've to do to check certain value. For example: 7, 14th if only 24 columns in file. 7th, 14th and 21st if 36 columns in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How are environment variables defined in a Gnome terminal session?

Hello... and thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me with my question! I'm hoping someone will have a little patience with me and walk me through this! I'm trying to understand a user login process on Centos 7 and I've gotten a bit confused trying to figure out when/how a Gnome... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
4 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)