Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newbie Question: What is php shell scripting? Post 302512457 by KenJackson on Sunday 10th of April 2011 11:55:44 AM
Old 04-10-2011
The PHP Manual is online.

Also, if you install the php-cli package (on Fedora--probably similar on others), there's some very basic help from the command man php.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripting newbie question

Hi all! I'm a newbie to shell scripting. I want to create a script that will store a line from a text file in a variable so I can then use it to open firefox with that text in the address bar (the text file contains a list of addresses). I have tried the following: #!/bin/sh a='sed -n 2p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting newbie - please be gentle.

Hello Gurus, Here's my problem, I have log files that are created automatically once a day by a feature of NetBackup called Vault. I usually move these files manually to a different location so I can FTP them later, however I know that this can be automated and so here's the info: When vault... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charliemp3
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting Newbie

I'm relatively new at this scripting game, just need to learn some basic stuff for data handling. My current need is to write a script that loops through a textfile of filenames, and for each file removes the first line and re-writes that file to a new name. In fact I could do with knowing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mattyjim2
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie question-do I pause and exec my shell scripts?

Hi there, I'm writing a script to restore 3 directories and 3 mysql db's every 24 hours. While writing the script, I came across the thought... Do I need to pause between executions? Example: msql restore1.sql rm -Rf path1/* cp -Rf path1/* /restore1 chmod 777 /folder1/cache1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semiotics101
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting NEWBIE - Need Help

Could someone please recommend a very good shell scripting book for me. I would be starting a new job that would require a very good understanding of shell scripting. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayoka
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Question: Killing a process using a supplied name to a shell script

Hi, I am trying to automate the killing of named processes of which I found a good solution here on the forums but as I am pretty much a begginer to linux I am having an issue. The code I found is: kill $(ps -ef | nawk '/monitoreo start/ { print $2}'} but what I want to do is replace... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TylrRssl1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Asynchronous shell scripts question - newbie

Hi All, I am fairly new to UNIX and very new to this forum too. This is my first post here. Here is my scenario - I have 3 scripts script1, script2 and script3. I want to start script1 and script2 asynchronously. Upon completion of both scripts script1 and script2, i want to fire the last... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taskeen21
4 Replies

8. Programming

need help with shell script filtering files and sort! newbie question?

Hi folks, I would like to get familiar with shell script programing. The first task is: write a shell script that: scans your home-folder + sub-directory for all txt-files that all users of your group are allowed to read and write then output these files sorted by date of last... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollinator
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting newbie problem

I am trying to create a shell script similar to ls, but which only lists directories. I have the first half working (no argument version), but trying to make it accept an argument, I am failing. My logic is sound I think, but I'm missing something on the syntax, I'm guessing in the bolded line? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tibor63
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Newbie

Hi Guys, I want to create a shell script to run multiple jobs in sequence. Explaination - If I were to run each jobs individually I would have gone to folder - "abin"(where my shellscript is place) as follows cd abin abin > runappeng.sh abc001 Now, I have list of programs which are like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaits84
8 Replies
DEBUG_PRINT_BACKTRACE(3)						 1						  DEBUG_PRINT_BACKTRACE(3)

debug_print_backtrace - Prints a backtrace

SYNOPSIS
void debug_print_backtrace ([int $options], [int $limit]) DESCRIPTION
debug_print_backtrace(3) prints a PHP backtrace. It prints the function calls, included/required files and eval(3)ed stuff. PARAMETERS
o $options - As of 5.3.6, this parameter is a bitmask for the following options: debug_print_backtrace(3) options +----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |DEBUG_BACKTRACE_IGNORE_ARGS | | | | | | | Whether or not to omit the "args" index, and | | | thus all the function/method arguments, to save | | | memory. | | | | +----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $limit - As of 5.4.0, this parameter can be used to limit the number of stack frames printed. By default ($limit= 0) it prints all stack frames. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. CHANGELOG
+--------+-----------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | Added the optional parameter $limit. | | | | | 5.3.6 | | | | | | | Added the optional parameter $options. | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 debug_print_backtrace(3) example <?php // include.php file function a() { b(); } function b() { c(); } function c(){ debug_print_backtrace(); } a(); ?> <?php // test.php file // this is the file you should run include 'include.php'; ?> The above example will output something similar to: #0 c() called at [/tmp/include.php:10] #1 b() called at [/tmp/include.php:6] #2 a() called at [/tmp/include.php:17] #3 include(/tmp/include.php) called at [/tmp/test.php:3] SEE ALSO
debug_backtrace(3). PHP Documentation Group DEBUG_PRINT_BACKTRACE(3)