Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting editing names of files in multiple folder Post 302511271 by Lucky Ali on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 10:36:12 AM
Old 04-06-2011
editing names of files in multiple folder

I have 1000's of directories which is named as numbers. Each directory contains multiple files. Each of these directories have a file named "att". I need to rename all the att files by adding the directory name followed by "_" then att for each of the directories.

Code:
Directories
      att

att

what I need is:
Code:
     120_att

130_att

IIs there a way to do it using awk or sed for 1000's of such directories

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing one string in multiple files

I am trying to edit multiple files from one directory and including all the files in all the sub directories. My string opens each file, puts the text on my screen and does not save the new information to the file. I am using a variable in my script, and wondering if that is what is choking it. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skoshi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing multiple file names in one go

Hi there, I have a folder full of pdf's and I've run a compression on the to reduce the size, the output of the compress places a '-o' in the name of the file. Before 12345.pdf After 12345-o.pdf Now I've got around 50000 files that I need to change back to the previous name, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeesH
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying multiple folders to local machine (don't know folder names)

Hi. I'm trying to copy multiple folders from the remote machine to the local machine. I wrote a batch file to run an ftp window. The problem I am having is that the only command to copy files is mget *, and this copies only files, not folders. For example, ftp ts555 cd ts555/test ' test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenyburger
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing files to add some thing in all the files in a folder

Hi All, I have a folder that contains 100's of files and each file have a similar content like the following format: ((STBJa:200.0,((STBTz:200.0,(STSwe:200.0,(STDUw:200.0,(ST4Bu:200.0,STL2b:200.0):127.0):86.0):80.0):120.0, STAHr:200.0):134.0):200.0,STuNg:200.0);What I need is to do is add "#1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make an editing script work for multiple files?

Hey everybody, I have a script for making a string substitution in a file. I am trying to modify it in order to make the same modifcation to multiples files. here is what I have so far. #!/bin/csh set p1="$1" shift set p2="$1" shift foreach x ($*) if ( { grep -w -c "$p1" $x } ) then mv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwatk003
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files with similar names to folder

I have in directory /media/AUDIO/WAVE many .mp3 files with names like: my filename_01of02.mp3 my filename_02of02.mp3 Your File_01of06.mp3 Your File_02of06.mp3 etc.... In the same directory, /media/AUDIO/WAVE, I have many folders with names like 9780743579490 9780743579491 etc.. Inside... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing multiple files with vi, why :p is not working

Hi, Can any gurus advise why :p is not working on my vi? When editing multiple files, :n works and it takes me the next file, but :p which is supposed to take me back to the previous file does not work. Please advise. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple File existance in a UNIX folder(Note: File names are all different)

HI Guys, I have some 8 files with different name and extensions. I need to check if they are present in a specific folder or not and also want that script to show me which all are not present. I can write if condition for each file but from a developer perspective , i feel that is not a good... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarpanda003
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to tar/rsync/rm multiple folder names

hi all, i attach a link with what im trying to do automatically via script but i have some questions i need answering please, bear in mind i am really new to bash scripting, the only thing i know how to do is commands in scripts like cd rm tar rsync cp stuff like that i have mutiple project... (48 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
48 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple files in multiple folders and also output on same folder

How to execute multiple files in multiple folders and also output to be generated in the same folder? Hello Team, I have a path like Sanity_test/*/* and it has around 100+ folders inside with files. I would like to run/execute those files and output of execution to be placed on same /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pushpabuzz
1 Replies
C_REHASH(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							    C_REHASH(1SSL)

NAME
c_rehash - Create symbolic links to files named by the hash values SYNOPSIS
c_rehash [directory] ... DESCRIPTION
c_rehash scans directories and takes a hash value of each .pem and .crt file in the directory. It then creates symbolic links for each of the files named by the hash value. This is useful as many programs require directories to be set up like this in order to find the certificates they require. If any directories are named on the command line then these directories are processed in turn. If not then and the environment variable SSL_CERT_DIR is defined then that is consulted. This variable should be a colon (:) separated list of directories, all of which will be processed. If neither of these conditions are true then /usr/lib/ssl/certs is processed. For each directory that is to be processed he user must have write permissions on the directory, if they do not then nothing will be printed for that directory. Note that this program deletes all the symbolic links that look like ones that it creates before processing a directory. Beware that if you run the program on a directory that contains symbolic links for other purposes that are named in the same format as those created by this program they will be lost. The hashes for certificate files are of the form <hash>.<n> where n is an integer. If the hash value already exists then n will be incremented, unless the file is a duplicate. Duplicates are detected using the fingerprint of the certificate. A warning will be printed if a duplicate is detected. The hashes for CRL files are of the form <hash>.r<n> and have the same behavior. The program will also warn if there are files with extension .pem which are not certificate or CRL files. The program uses the openssl program to compute the hashes and fingerprints. It expects the executable to be named openssl and be on the PATH, or in the /usr/lib/ssl/bin directory. If the OPENSSL environment variable is defined then this is used instead as the executable that provides the hashes and fingerprints. When called as $OPENSSL x509 -hash -fingerprint -noout -in $file it must output the hash of $file on the first line followed by the fingerprint on the second line, optionally prefixed with some text and an equals sign (=). OPTIONS
None ENVIRONMENT
OPENSSL The name (and path) of an executable to use to generate hashes and fingerprints (see above). SSL_CERT_DIR Colon separated list of directories to operate on. Ignored if directories are listed on the command line. SEE ALSO
openssl(1), x509(1) BUGS
No known bugs 1.0.1e 2014-08-06 C_REHASH(1SSL)