Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Complete Code, or just Problematic Sections?? Post 302511097 by AlphaLexman on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 09:12:09 PM
Old 04-05-2011
Complete Code, or just Problematic Sections??

In general, would most experts, moderators and programmers, like to see the original entire script (even if very long), or just a simplified version of the problematic parts?

I currently have a GNU bash function (with a lot of issues). Is it more advisable to make separate posts for each problematic section, or try to get help with the entire script at once?

I am not trying to get others to do my work for me, I just need some guidance every now and then.

I have even written a small script to try to self-debug my problems, ignoring all the 'fancy' parts of the function.

If the community understands I have tried my best, is it too much to ask to solve the whole function?

In conclusion, what are my best chances of getting help?

Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Please help with the following fork code..with complete explanation

I have the following piece of codes. Please explain it to me in great detail how are these codes working. 1. #include <stdio.h> int main(){ int x; x=0; while (x<2 && fork()){ if (!fork()) execlp("echo","x++","x",0); x++; system("echo x+x"); } } 2. #include <stdio.h> int i;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashabii
1 Replies

3. Programming

Help me complete my code.

Ok, so I have done the 'mathematical part' just I am not sure where to put them in and how to get them to return answers. public class Main { public static void main(String args) { } //Part A. //1&2- Computes the sum andproduct of all of the elements of the array a. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HardyV2
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file and group values with problematic tab

hi people; the similar topic is being opened in here and here but i have confused with following condition. so i wanted to open a seperate topic. from my file.txt:... ... ... 110105-16:04:04 192.168.1.1 7.1j Port_NODE_MODEL_M_1_8 stopfile=/tmp/10544... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array output through a for loop problematic with multiple elements.

This code works perfect when using a machine with only one interface online. (Excluding the loopback of course) But when I have other interface up for vmware or a vpn the output gets mixed up. I know I had this working when I was just reading ip's from files so I know it is not a problem with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
8 Replies

6. Solaris

How to access content of problematic rpool ?

Hi guys, I have a Solaris 10 x86 server with 2 physical disks. It had a ZFS rpool on the first disk c0t0d0s0. The server stopped booting with some error like "Cannot find bootfile". I booted with Solaris DVD and re-installed the operating system on the second disk with a different pool... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ARPcPro
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Problematic RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter

Good Day All, There are numerous results when searching google on this issue, however, none seem to have a solution. I have read until my eyes bleed and banged my head on the table more than once! :) I am hoping to resolve this issue -- or at least have a decent workaround. It is a real... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
13 Replies
RUN-PARTS(8)                                                  System Manager's Manual                                                 RUN-PARTS(8)

NAME
run-parts - run scripts or programs in a directory SYNOPSIS
run-parts [--test] [--verbose] [--report] [--lsbsysinit] [--regex=RE] [--umask=umask] [--arg=argument] [--exit-on-error] [--help] [--ver- sion] [--list] [--reverse] [--] DIRECTORY run-parts -V DESCRIPTION
run-parts runs all the executable files named within constraints described below, found in directory directory. Other files and directo- ries are silently ignored. If neither the --lsbsysinit option nor the --regex option is given then the names must consist entirely of ASCII upper- and lower-case let- ters, ASCII digits, ASCII underscores, and ASCII minus-hyphens. If the --lsbsysinit option is given, then the names must not end in .dpkg-old or .dpkg-dist or .dpkg-new or .dpkg-tmp, and must belong to one or more of the following namespaces: the LANANA-assigned namespace (^[a-z0-9]+$); the LSB hierarchical and reserved namespaces (^_?([a-z0-9_.]+-)+[a-z0-9]+$); and the Debian cron script namespace (^[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+$). If the --regex option is given, the names must match the custom extended regular expression specified as that option's argument. Files are run in the lexical sort order (according to the C/POSIX locale character collation rules) of their names unless the --reverse option is given, in which case they are run in the opposite order. OPTIONS
--test print the names of the scripts which would be run, but don't actually run them. --list print the names of the all matching files (not limited to executables), but don't actually run them. This option cannot be used with --test. -v, --verbose print the name of each script to stderr before running. --report similar to --verbose, but only prints the name of scripts which produce output. The script's name is printed to whichever of stdout or stderr the script first produces output on. --reverse reverse the scripts' execution order. --exit-on-error exit as soon as a script returns with a non-zero exit code. --lsbsysinit use LSB namespaces instead of classical behavior. --new-session run each script in a separate process session. If you use this option, killing run-parts will not kill the currently running script, it will run until completion. --regex=RE validate filenames against custom extended regular expression RE. See the EXAMPLES section for an example. -u, --umask=umask sets the umask to umask before running the scripts. umask should be specified in octal. By default the umask is set to 022. -a, --arg=argument pass argument to the scripts. Use --arg once for each argument you want passed. -- specifies that this is the end of the options. Any filename after -- will be not be interpreted as an option even if it starts with a hyphen. -h, --help display usage information and exit. -V, --version display version and copyright and exit. EXAMPLES
Print the names of all files in /etc that start with `p' and end with `d': run-parts --list --regex '^p.*d$' /etc COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1994 Ian Jackson. Copyright (C) 1996 Jeff Noxon. Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998 Guy Maor Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Clint Adams run-parts is free software; see the GNU General Public License version 2 or later for copying conditions. There is no warranty. Debian 27 Jun 2012 RUN-PARTS(8)