Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming [C] Is there a way to clean half screen? Post 302508412 by Luke Bonham on Monday 28th of March 2011 04:54:36 AM
Old 03-28-2011
[C] Is there a way to clean half screen?

Hi,
I wrote a program for Windows environment. It shows a menu to choice some operations to do. Once an operation is done, it cleans the screen with a system("cls") call, and the menu is shown again.

I'd like to just clean half screen, so the program doesn't need to call again the print menu procedure.

I read there was something like this:

Code:
gotoxy(x,y);
clreol();

But I also read it is deprecated?

Is there any function or way to do this in C?

Are there operating systems which system calls allow to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Luke Bonham; 03-28-2011 at 06:05 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script sortof half-working?

I have directories full of files that contain dates and times in their names in the format YYYYMMDDhhmm. So like, one of the files is named 199407271609 with no file extension. I have this script searches a given directory and changes all creation dates of the files to match the date in their... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hot_pants
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet half-broken

I have an odd problem with my internet connection. I think it's software not hardware, but I'm not even certain of that. My best guess is that it relates to my recent installation of KVpnc. I can't connect to most websites: no ping, nothing in the browser. But other websites I can connect to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
7 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Virtual screen accessed by Screen Sharing

Hi, I'm trying to create a virtual screen, (maybe xvfb? or any other virtual screen buffer) and be able to use Screen Sharing to connect to it. The setup is that I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV. But when my girlfriend is using Front Row, I can't use Screen Sharing at the same time from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linge
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

5. AIX

Connected and Running with half duplex speed

VIO Server connected to switch port and running with half duplex speed on one of the shared ethernet adapter. We have verified at switch end and everythings looks good. Other ethernet adapter in the VIO server are connected and running in Full duplex speed. Please help me find why this shared... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Only half my script runs

Hello out there, I got this script that runs partly fine by my crontab. Problem is it gets to the sleep 300(which should be 5 minutes right?) part and never runs the rest of the scripts past that. All individual scripts run just fine. My var/mail file only shows it up to the " echo "Loader Stop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to delete half of files in directory.

Hello Friends, I have directory called /tmp. which stores the log files. Whenever it becomes full, i want to delete half of files from all log files. even after deleting the files, if space is more than 90% then it should delete rest of half files. While deleting files, older files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies
MENU_HOOK(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      MENU_HOOK(3)

NAME
item_init, item_term, menu_init, menu_term, set_item_init, set_item_term, set_menu_init, set_menu_term -- get or set handler functions for menu post/unpost or item change LIBRARY
Curses Menu Library (libmenu, -lmenu) SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> void (*hook)() item_init(MENU *menu); void (*hook)() item_term(MENU *menu); void (*hook)() menu_init(MENU *menu); void (*hook)() menu_term(MENU *menu); int set_item_init(MENU *menu, void (*hook)())); int set_item_term(MENU *menu, void (*hook)())); int set_menu_init(MENU *menu, void (*hook)())); int set_menu_term(MENU *menu, void (*hook)())); DESCRIPTION
The item_init() function returns a pointer to the function that will be called whenever the menu is posted and also just after the current item changes. This is set by the set_item_init() call. The item_term() function returns a pointer to the function that will be called before the menu is unposted and just before the current item changes, this pointer is set by the set_item_term() call. The menu_init() func- tions returns a pointer to the function that will be called just before the menu is posted to the screen. This pointer is set by the set_menu_init() function call. The menu_term() function returns a pointer to the function that will be called just after the menu has been unposted, this pointer is set by the set_menu_term() function. SEE ALSO
curses(3), menus(3) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes both <curses.h> and <eti.h>. BSD
September 10, 1999 BSD