Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux program
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Linux program Post 302507920 by nisha_vaghela on Friday 25th of March 2011 06:48:04 AM
Old 03-25-2011
Linux program

Hi AllPlease send me source code for following if u have......... Write a code that to Demonize a Service (take any service of your choice) to be Invoked by Superserver. All replies are expected to be directed to the flat file (select any specific path you want). Thanks,Nisha Vaghela

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Program in linux for all unix os

Hello there, I have the following mission for my internship: - Take an existing program which uses OpenGL writen in Delphi, for Windows. - Write this program in C++ for all operating systems from which the name end on a "X" So, what kind of features does this program need. - There... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmnt22
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a program which linux things is a directory??

Hi, Well I finally got around to installing linux , the install went fine. I have just tried on to install some software.It gunziped and untared fine. It even complied fine. However when I try to run the program. I get the message "bash: is a directory". I have tried changing the permission on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_bir
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

I'm writing a new Linux program!

Yep, that's right. I'm writing a Linux binary that requires an X11 Server. It will also be released in a Shell, Win32, and Cocoa (Mac OS X). It's a program that's a text editor and more. It not just creates TXT and RTF files, it also can save in XML, RSS, and a whole lot of other formats. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danny_10
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anybody help me with this linux program??

Program1: 1.Fork a child program. 2.Set itself to ignore SIGINT. 3.If it recieves both SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2, it should then revert to the default behaviour when receiving a SIGINT. 4. If it recieves SIGALRM, reset itself to ignore SIGINT. The child should: 1.Sleep for 60... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunbug
2 Replies

5. Programming

How to start a process in linux using C program??

I have a set of attributes such as group id,group name,etc related to a linux process. Iwant to know how to start a process in linux using C program.Plz do help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need a linux flight program

I am building a UAV and building a computer control system. I am wanting to use a small linux disro (puppy, damn small) so that i need no drives except sd card reader. I am wondering if anyone knew of a flight control program or something that can be motified to work. The basics are that i am gonna... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux2flight
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

invoking non-standard program in linux

I have a program R installed on Ubuntu under /usr/bin/R. I also have a different version installed under /home/user/R. I would like to invoke the locally installed program temporarily. How can I do this automatically by running a script and then switching to the default program? thanks, SM (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smeme
2 Replies

8. Programming

compiling old C program in Linux.

Hello, I am writing to ask for support about compiling an very old but famous C-progam for genetics study called MapMaker/QTL, and the source code is available from MIT: http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/The program was originally designed for systems like SunOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Autorun a program in Linux(Centos)

HI Expert, :confused: CAn some1 guide me how to run a program automatically whenever the PC/Server is rebooted ? Im not sure where to start from. PLease refer to the pic attached and do help me. Thanks in advance ---------------------------------------------------- (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazydude80
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Install some Linux program on Solaris

Hi I have a problem with install some Linux program on Solaris. I use Ubuntu on everyday. At my university My professor wants from me to install some program from Linux on Solaris. I try with many files, but all not run. I can't deal with it. Do you know how install .deb files on Solaris? Hmm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tsuisou
3 Replies
Munin::Node::Service(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Munin::Node::Service(3pm)

NAME
Munin::Node::Service - Methods related to handling of Munin services SYNOPSIS
my $services = Munin::Node::Service->new(timeout => 30); $services->prepare_plugin_environment; if ($services->is_a_runnable_service($file_name)) { $services->fork_service($file_name); } METHODS
new my $services = Munin::Node::Service->new(%args); Constructor. All arguments are optional. Valid arguments are: "servicedir" The directory that will be searched for services. "defuser", "defgroup" The default uid and gid that services will run as. Service-specific user and group directives (as set by the service configuration files) will override this. "timeout" The default timeout for services. Services taking longer than this to run will be killed. Service-specific timeouts will (as set in the service configuration files) will override this value. is_a_runnable_service my $bool = $services->is_a_runnable_service($file_name); Runs miscellaneous tests on $file_name in the service directory, to try and establish whether it is a runnable service. list my @services = $services->list; Returns a list of all the runnable services in the directory. prepare_plugin_environment $services->prepare_plugin_environment(@services); Carries out various tasks that plugins require before being run, such as loading service configurations and exporting common environment variables. export_service_environment $services->export_service_enviromnent($service); Exports all the environment variables specific to service $service. change_real_and_effective_user_and_group $service->change_real_and_effective_user_and_group($service); Changes the current process' effective group and user IDs to those specified in the configuration, or the default user or group otherwise. Also changes the real group and user IDs if the operating system supports it. On failure, causes the process to exit. exec_service $service->exec_service($service, [$argument]); Replaces the current process with an instance of service $service in $directory, running with the correct environment and privileges. This function never returns. The process will exit(2) if the service to be run failed the paranoia check. fork_service $result = $service->fork_service($service, [$argument]); Identical to exec_service(), except it runs the service in a subprocess. If the service takes longer than the timeout, it will be terminated. Returns a hash reference containing (among other things) the service's output and exit value. (See documentation for run_as_child() in Munin::Node::Service for a comprehensive description.) perl v5.14.2 2013-11-12 Munin::Node::Service(3pm)