Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding index values
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding index values Post 302507811 by kristinu on Thursday 24th of March 2011 11:09:06 PM
Old 03-25-2011
Finding index values

I have an array XOFFS of size N. I have VDISTMIN and VDISTMAX.
I want to find the beginning and and index in XOFFS such that values are within
[VDISTMIN,VDISTMAX]

Example

Code:
Let XOFFS = (10 20 30 40 50)

Code:
If VDISTMIN = -20 and VDISTMAX = 20
Then ISTR = 1 and IEND = 2 as XOFFS[1] through XOFFS[2] fall within the two distances VDISTMIN and VDISTMAX.

Code:
If VDISTMIN = 20 and VDISTMAX = 80
Then ISTR = 2 and IEND = 5 as XOFFS[2] through XOFFS[5] fall within the two distances VDISTMIN and VDISTMAX.

Last edited by kristinu; 03-25-2011 at 12:24 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wh inode index starts from 1 unlike array index (0)

brothers why inode index starts from 1 unlike array inex which starts from 0 its a question from the design of unix operating system of maurice j.bach i need to know the answer urgently...someone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
1 Replies

3. Programming

random array index returning values not contained

For kicks I wrote up a Password generator after lunch. Let me start with the code: unsigned int x,y,z,c; unsigned int KISS(); unsigned int devrand(); int main( int argc, char** argv ) { int i, j = 1; char pwd = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VRoemer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding values in between

Hi, I have been trying to find someone with this similar problem but I was out of luck. So I have a file that has two columns that look like this (for example): 10 20 40 50 45 60 90 130 So column 1 is start and column 2 is stop but what I want to do is find whats not represented... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort from start index and end index in line

Hi All, I have a file (FileNames.txt) which contains the following data in it. $ cat FileNames.txt MYFILE17XXX208Sep191307.csv MYFILE19XXX208Sep192124.csv MYFILE20XXX208Sep192418.csv MYFILE22XXX208Sep193234.csv MYFILE21XXX208Sep193018.csv MYFILE24XXX208Sep194053.csv... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish_indus
5 Replies

6. Programming

FORTRAN -Returning index fir which values fall in a region

I have an 10 element array containing numbers, I want the start and end index in the array for which the values lie between DIST1 and DIST2. It is not working quite right. I also might want a value of 0 if I cannot find an index. V=(/10.0,20.0,30.0,40.0,50.0,60.0,70.0,80.0,90.0,100.0/) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding change in values

I have an array X = ( -100 -90 -80 -70 -60 -50 -40 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 ) I want to find the place where values change from negative to positive. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding causes of slabinfo values

I'm doing a little work on assessing and improving server stability. As part of that, we're reviewing the contents of /proc/slabinfo. We see that sometimes a certain metric-- say, buffer_head-- spike prior to server instability. We're interested in learning what contributes to that as we trace... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

check index of a string by finding a letter in it

i would like to search for a letter in a string and get its index position. example: name='john' pos=$(expr index $name o) the result will be equal to 2 (2nd position) how do you make this thing not case sensitive? example: name='john' pos=$(expr index $name O) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get index values for multiple matches in the same line with awk?

Hi, I know that echo "bob alice robert alice" | awk '{print index($0,"alice")}' 5Will output the index of the first alice match, is there any way to get the index of all matches?, eg: echo "bob alice robert alice" | awk 'unknown magic' 5:18Thanks for your time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilicuil
6 Replies
xpc_array_create(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				       xpc_array_create(3)

NAME
xpc_array_create -- creation and management of XPC arrays SYNOPSIS
#include <xpc/xpc.h> xpc_object_t xpc_array_create(const xpc_object_t *objects, size_t count); void xpc_array_set_value(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, xpc_object_t value); void xpc_array_append_value(xpc_object_t array, xpc_object_t value); xpc_object_t xpc_array_get_value(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); size_t xpc_array_get_count(xpc_object_t array); bool xpc_array_apply(xpc_object_t array, xpc_array_applier_t applier); void xpc_array_set_bool(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, bool value); void xpc_array_set_int64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, int64_t value); void xpc_array_set_uint64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, uint64_t value); void xpc_array_set_double(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, double value); void xpc_array_set_date(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, int64_t value); void xpc_array_set_data(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, const void *bytes, size_t length); void xpc_array_set_string(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, const char *value); void xpc_array_set_uuid(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, const uuid_t value); void xpc_array_set_fd(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, int value); void xpc_array_set_connection(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, xpc_connection_t value); bool xpc_array_get_bool(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); int64_t xpc_array_get_int64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); uint64_t xpc_array_get_uint64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); double xpc_array_get_double(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); int64_t xpc_array_get_date(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); const void * xpc_array_get_data(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, size_t *length); const uint8_t * xpc_array_get_uuid(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); const char * xpc_array_get_string(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); int xpc_array_get_fd(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); xpc_connection_t xpc_array_get_connection(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); ARRAYS
XPC arrays are collections of XPC objects ordered by index. The index is zero-based. XPC arrays are contiguous, and values must exist at all indexes between zero and the greatest index of the array. A hole in the array can be simulated by using a null object as returned by xpc_null_create(3). CREATION
The xpc_array_create() function returns a newly created array. The caller may optionally provide objects, a C array of XPC object references, to initialize the array. The count is used to specify the size of the C array. If objects is NULL, then count must be zero. If count speci- fies more elements than are actually present in values or if values is NULL and count is non-zero, the behavior is undefined. GETTING AND SETTING VALUES
The xpc_array_append_value() function may be used to append a value to the end of an array. This operation increases the count of the values in the array by one. The value of a specific index in the array may be set using the xpc_array_set_value() function. The value must be non-NULL, and the index must already exist (i.e. less than the count provided at creation or extended through previous append operations). The value at a specific index of an array may be retrieved using the xpc_array_get_value() function. The result of getting a non-existing index (i.e. one that was not specified at creation or through a previous append operation) in undefined. PRIMITIVE GET AND SET FUNCTIONS
Various functions exist for retrieving primitive C and operating system types directly from an array without the need for an intermediate boxed object. See xpc_object(3) for more information. The special XPC_ARRAY_APPEND constant may be used to append a value to the end of the array instead of operating on a specific index. SEE ALSO
xpc_object(3), xpc_objects(3), xpc_dictionary_create(3) Darwin 1 July, 2011 Darwin