Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers Post 302507802 by sparcguy on Thursday 24th of March 2011 10:07:28 PM
Old 03-24-2011
thx for yur comments and suggestions mate feel free to modify or tighten to your requirements. Smilie

working on an aix version, uses also the same concept will share it once have it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.20 et HPUX 11

Is there any problems of binaries compatibility between HPUX 10.20 et 11 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX any help

:( i got couple of weeks ago a : HP Visualize workstation , model B100. everithing is ok in the box the only problem is that i 'am not familiar with this operational sys, and i try to uninstall and see if i can get on it windows net server 64 bit. or any other 64 bit operational sys that i'll... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbird
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to HPUX

Hi, I am a SAP Basis admin recentely been asked to administer a HPUX server. Could someone recommend some good study material to learn with the Sap prespective. -carry (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carryclare
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

RPM For HPUX

Hi can any tell where we can get RPM files for HPUX OS RPM file can be of any application ,it should be succesfully installed in the machine Regards Harish Kumar :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishkumar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

hpux vi

Hello. I cant figure out how can i move entire row up , so it pasted on the one above at the end , or to do that for one character. In notepads,word, or some other text editors we would do that with backspace button. Example. Content of my text file is this : I am trying to do that. And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Stop samba from querying trusted domain servers

Hi, We've got a samba server running in our DMZ. Our users drag & drop files on it for vendors. Everything was working perfectly until the powers that be decided to build a trust between a couple of internal domains. Samba is now querying each server in the trust. When a user browses... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
5 Replies

8. AIX

pwage-aix for IBM AIX servers

This is the password aging script for aix just completed. So far tested and still testing on one of our aix server running 5.3.0.0. So anyway as you can see it is very similar to pwage-hpux-T the only difference on aix /etc/passwd file looks in this format. Also for this script to work you need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hpux

Hello All Why is hpux is not much spoken in the unix/Linux platform. what is the disadvantes in HPUX Thanks, VJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijaykannan T
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

From a C++ application how to find if a hpux host is in standard mode or trusted mode

is there a way for my C++ application to find out which mode the hpux OS is running in? standard mode or trusted mode. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies
bootconf(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       bootconf(4)

NAME
bootconf - boot device configuration table DESCRIPTION
The file contains the address and disk layout type of the system's boot devices or lif volumes. It is used by the and HP-UX kernel control scripts (fileset to determine how and where to update the initial boot loader. Normally the kernel's script queries the system's hardware and creates the file. In rare cases when either the system configuration cannot be automatically determined or additional and/or alternate boot devices should be automatically updated, the administrator must edit the file manually. There is one line in the file for each boot device. Each line contains the following blank-separated fields in the order shown: disk type A flag indicating how the file system(s) on the disk are laid out. The flag must be one of the following: Indicates that the root disk is in LVM or VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) format. If LVM or VxVM mirrors are used, then each of the "mirrors" must have its own line in the file. Indicates that the root disk is in the "whole disk" format with no partitions, but boot and swap space are reserved outside the file system. device file The absolute path of the device special file that accesses the physical device where the boot area is located. For LVM root disks, the device special file is the physical volume(s) returned by the command. For "whole disks" this is the device file that references the entire disk. Blank lines are permitted. Any line beginning with a is considered to be a comment. DIAGNOSTICS
The Software Distributor log file contains diagnostic messages under the fileset if the file is incorrect. Most of the messages are self- explanatory; a few warrant additional explanation: If there are no other messages about the file is probably empty. Otherwise, the file is not in the proper format, and the other messages will explain what the problem is. The specified device file does not point to a disk where there is a lif which contains the file Some character other than or is in the first field of a line. As of release 10.0, the boot areas in must all be on the same type of disk layout. There are characters after the device file specification. EXAMPLES
The boot area is on an LVM root disk: l /dev/disk/disk7_p2 The boot area is on a whole disk layout: w /dev/disk/disk7 WARNINGS
All of the boot devices in the file must have the same disk layout. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. FILES
SEE ALSO
mediainit(1), hpux(1M), hpux.efi(1M), mkboot(1M), vgdisplay(1M), lif(4), intro(7). documentation. bootconf(4)