Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call multiple variables in bash !! Post 302505909 by cgkmal on Friday 18th of March 2011 01:51:46 AM
Old 03-18-2011
Hi gnanasekar_beem,

Another similar way:
Code:
awk '{print "./errorcheck -u",$1,"-a",$2,"-s",$3}' file.txt > . commands_to_send.sh
. commands_to_send.sh

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign a value to several variables inside awk call

Hi I am using 'awk" to get file size and date of the file: op - sundev3 $ ls -l /bb/bin/tsfiles.sel | awk '{print $5 $6 $7}' 1587May8 May be somobody knows the way to combine this command with variable assignmet inside the awk, so I would have variables SIZE, MONTH and DATE assigned after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Variables for BASH script

Hello, I am new to the whole "scripting" thing. Below is the script that I have so far and where i need the Variables to go (VAR#) #!/bin/bash #Sample Script VAR1= echo "Choose an option: 1) Create a file. 2) Delete a file. 3) Move a file." read VAR1 case $VAR1 in 1) echo "Pick... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclerget
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values from multiple lines and columns and setting them to unique variables.

Hello, I would like to ask for help with csh script. An example of an input in .txt file is below, the number of lines varies from file to file and I have 2 or 3 columns with values. I would like to read all the values (probably one by one) and set them to independent unique variables that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FMMOLA
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help: Shell script to call sql session with variables stored in .txt file

Hi, I need help in writing a shell script which can read data from a text file (Cancel_ID.txt) and then calls sqlplus session (Cancel.sql) with the first line parameter of the text file ("0322600453") till all rows are not completed. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple bash variables passed into nawk

I have a file that has 2 fields called b_file: 11977 DAR.V3.20150209.1.CSV 3295 DAR.V3.20150209.1.CSV 1721 DAR.V2.20150210.1.CSV I need to search a sftplog using the field 1, but want to maintain the relationship between field 1 and 2. I am passing field 1 as a parameter in a bash loop. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: smenago
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call exeute multiple bash shells from one master shell?

I have few bash shells, which i want to run sequentially, how to create a shell file, and execute/call one after other shell file. I am very new to shell programming. Bult some and running individually and also with crontab scheduler. never had a shell calling other shells, kindly would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies
BASHBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual							BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--version] [--help] [email-address] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning bash in a standard format. bashbug invokes the editor specified by the environment variable EDITOR on a temporary copy of the bug report format outline. The user must fill in the appropriate fields and exit the editor. bashbug then mails the completed report to bug-bash@gnu.org, or email-address. If the report cannot be mailed, it is saved in the file dead.bashbug in the invoking user's home directory. The bug report format outline consists of several sections. The first section provides information about the machine, operating system, the bash version, and the compilation environment. The second section should be filled in with a description of the bug. The third sec- tion should be a description of how to reproduce the bug. The optional fourth section is for a proposed fix. Fixes are encouraged. ENVIRONMENT
bashbug will utilize the following environment variables if they exist: EDITOR Specifies the preferred editor. If EDITOR is not set, bashbug defaults to emacs. HOME Directory in which the failed bug report is saved if the mail fails. TMPDIR Directory in which to create temporary files and directories. SEE ALSO
bash(1) AUTHORS
Brian Fox, Free Software Foundation bfox@gnu.org Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University chet@po.cwru.edu GNU Bash-4.0 1998 July 30 BASHBUG(1)