Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS Share Setup On AIX
Operating Systems AIX NFS Share Setup On AIX Post 302505508 by zaxxon on Thursday 17th of March 2011 05:23:41 AM
Old 03-17-2011
Having consistent uid and gid on all your systems should help, but not only for NFS but any kind of file transfers etc.
NIS/NIS+ or LDAP can help keeping all uids and gids synchronous. Keeping them the same on all systems manually is a valid option too of course.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS share options

Hello, I'm doing a Perl script to parse the dfstab file and find dangerous configurations (rw to everyone, root access, etc). My question is, if I have a share command like this: share -F nfs -o ro=chrome:copper:zinc,root=chrome /usr/man it means that the /usr/man is "rw" to everyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

NFS share error

I got a problem while creating files on a NFS mounted share in a RHEL box. That is when I create an empty file, this is what appears on the screen ############################################### E325: ATTENTION Found a swap file by the name ".test.swp" owned by: jsmith dated: Tue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
2 Replies

3. AIX

NFs share AIX 6.1 and 5.3 - bug ? -

Hi folks, Just get my 1st AIX 6.1 servers up and creating some NFS shares without issues. I can mount it from others AIX 6.1 systems but can't from 5.3. Permissions etc. are OK lcppa1261 45: pbrun mount lcppa1001:/export/images /mnt NFS server lcppa1001 not responding still trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclefab
1 Replies

4. AIX

Access AIX NFS Share from Windows Server 2008

Hi all, Hopefully this question hasn't been asked a thousand times. I am trying to connect a Windows Server to an exported NFS share which resides on an AIX box. I think the directory is exported correctly from the AIX side but I can't verify that because I didn't do it myself. On the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How can I setup a NFS server to share with a whole network?

I have a solaris 10 system that is setup as a NFS server. The NFS clients have DHCP running. How do I setup the server, so that it allows mounts for any machine on the network? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishania
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du and df do not match on NFS share

Here is the scenario... NFS share that is accessed every few minutes by approx 70 systems (AIX 5.3/6.1). Filesystem space is being eaten up rapidly according to df however du numbers really never change. lsof and fuser cannot see any unlinked files on either the NFS server or remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterpengu
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

NFS share

Hi, I have an NFS server, i want to mount that nfs share which is having around 500GB to my client system. But my client system doesnt have any free space, is it possible to mount that nfs share in my client. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for NFS share

Hi, I have created a NFS share in Solaris 10 server1 and mounted it on solaris 10 server 2.But I want to change owner of the files from nobody to a particular user in client. Which command should I use. I have tried the following but it doesn't allow to change permissions in the server2 as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS share and groups

I am having an issue with getting the proper group settings on NFS-shared directories. NFS server, NFServe, nfs-shares hundreds of project directories...running Solaris 10 latest patches/updates. SAS server, SAServe, statistical analysis server running on RedHat 7 with latest kernel/patches/etc.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies
YPPUSH(8)						       NIS Reference Manual							 YPPUSH(8)

NAME
yppush - force propagation of changed NIS databases SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/yppush [-d domain] [-t timeout] [--parallel # | --port port] [-h host] [-v] mapname... DESCRIPTION
yppush copies updated NIS databases (or maps) from the master NIS server to the slave servers within a NIS domain. It is normally run only on the NIS master by /var/yp/Makefile after the master databases are changed. /var/yp/Makefile does not invoke yppush by default, the NOPUSH=true line must be commented out. yppush first constructs a list of NIS slave servers by reading the NIS map ypservers within the domain. A destination host (or a list of hosts with multiple -h commands) can also be specified on the command line. A "transfer map" request is sent to the NIS serger at each slave, along with the information needed by the transfer agent ypxfr(8) to callback to yppush, which may be printed the result to stderr. Messages are also printed when a transfer is not possible; for instance when the request message is undeliverable. OPTIONS
-d domain Specify a particular domain. The NIS domain of the local host system is used by default. If the local host's domain name is not set, the domain name must be specified with this flag. -t timeout The timeout flag is used to specify a timeout value in seconds. This timeout controls how long yppush will wait for a response from a slave server before sending a map transfer request to the next slave server in the list. By default, yppush will wait 90 seconds. For big maps, this is not long enough. --parallel #, -p # yppush normally performs transfers serially, meaning that it will send a map transfer request to one slave server and then wait for it to respond before sending the next map transfer request to the next slave server. In environments with many slaves, it is more efficient to initiate several map transfers at once so that the transfers can take place in parallel. It is not possible to run in parallel and assign a fixed port with the --port flag --port port specify a port for yppush to listen on. By default, yppush will ask portmap(8) to assign it a random port number. It is not possible to assign a port with this option and run in parallel with the --parallel or -p flag -h host The host flag can be used to transfer a map to a user-specified machine or group of machines instead of the list of servers contained in the ypservers map. A list of hosts can be specified by using multiple instances of the -h flag. -v Verbose mode: causes yppush to print debugging messages as it runs. Note specifying this flag twice makes yppush even more verbose. SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8) BUGS
The mechanism for transferring NIS maps in NIS v1 is different that that in NIS version 2. This version of yppush has support for transferring maps to NIS v2 systems only. AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@linux-nis.org> NIS Reference Manual 06/12/2009 YPPUSH(8)