Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to read BGP session information with C Post 302504976 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 09:55:54 PM
Old 03-15-2011
You can use libpcap for this purpose. For an example of how to do it, look at the sources of tcpdump.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus session being able to see unix variables session within a script

Hi there. How do I make the DB connection see the parameter variables passed to the unix script ? The code snippet below isn't working properly. sqlplus << EOF user1@db1/pass1 BEGIN PACKAGE1.perform_updates($1,$2,$3); END; EOF Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a part of information from txt and put into the script

Hi, I have a name.txt which is stored: APPLE ORANGE RED BLUE GREEN and my script is: $name=`cat name.txt for file_number in `ls 1 /appl/CH_DATA/archive/CACHE/CDBACKUP$name*.archived however, my script cannot read name.txt and put into my scrip line, I would like the output is to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
18 Replies

3. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read directory and fill a file with this information

Hello All, Got a question to make a script what reads a directory and put the file names from that directory in a file with some extra text. ls /tempdir output is: file1.gfh file2.txt file4.zzz these file names (always with an extention) must be placed in a line and written to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ToXiQ
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and read the RHS information: Linux 2.6.9-89

Hi, I have a config_file.cfg with the content: FILE_ID_1=1 FILE_FTP_ID_1=<FTP_SERVER1.COM> .... FILE_ID_2=2 FILE_FTP_ID_2=<FTP_SERVER2.COM> .... so on for 28 times. As you might have guessed it; the script I have to write is to read this config file and get the FTP server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Quagga BGP and 2 fullview

Hello, everybody! I need create a BGP router with 2 fullview for balancing 2 channel (50 Mbit\s). I don't know necessary configuration of server. I will have 100 Mbit\s. I will use the Quagga. Help me please! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rezonans
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read userid and password information from txt file

Hi Experts, I am writing a shell script (for displaying disk space details) which is logging to 15 different servers using following command. ssh userid@servername It is prompting me for password for all 15 servers when I manually run it. However , soon I would like to schedule this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies

8. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Log Realtime and Parse out Information for a Report

I'm not too fluent at this and having problems comprehending / coming up with a way to do it. Our telephone system is spitting out call information on it's maintenance (serial) port which i have connected to a linux box. I want to be able to monitor the output of this text and when a 911 call is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pythong
1 Replies
IPRESEND(1)						      General Commands Manual						       IPRESEND(1)

NAME
ipresend - resend IP packets out to network SYNOPSIS
ipresend [ -EHPRSTX ] [ -d <device> ] [ -g <gateway> ] [ -m <MTU> ] [ -r <filename> ] DESCRIPTION
ipresend was designed to allow packets to be resent, once captured, back out onto the network for use in testing. ipresend supports a num- ber of different file formats as input, including saved snoop/tcpdump binary data. OPTIONS
-d <interface> Set the interface name to be the name supplied. This is useful with the -P, -S, -T and -E options, where it is not otherwise possi- ble to associate a packet with an interface. Normal "text packets" can override this setting. -g <gateway> Specify the hostname of the gateway through which to route packets. This is required whenever the destination host isn't directly attached to the same network as the host from which you're sending. -m <MTU> Specify the MTU to be used when sending out packets. This option allows you to set a fake MTU, allowing the simulation of network interfaces with small MTU's without setting them so. -r <filename> Specify the filename from which to take input. Default is stdin. -E The input file is to be text output from etherfind. The text formats which are currently supported are those which result from the following etherfind option combinations: etherfind -n etherfind -n -t -H The input file is to be hex digits, representing the binary makeup of the packet. No length correction is made, if an incorrect length is put in the IP header. -P The input file specified by -i is a binary file produced using libpcap (i.e., tcpdump version 3). Packets are read from this file as being input (for rule purposes). -R When sending packets out, send them out "raw" (the way they came in). The only real significance here is that it will expect the link layer (i.e. ethernet) headers to be prepended to the IP packet being output. -S The input file is to be in "snoop" format (see RFC 1761). Packets are read from this file and used as input from any interface. This is perhaps the most useful input type, currently. -T The input file is to be text output from tcpdump. The text formats which are currently supported are those which result from the following tcpdump option combinations: tcpdump -n tcpdump -nq tcpdump -nqt tcpdump -nqtt tcpdump -nqte -X The input file is composed of text descriptions of IP packets. SEE ALSO
ipftest(1), ipsend(1), iptest(1), bpf(4), ipsend(5), tcpdump(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Needs to be run as root. BUGS
Not all of the input formats are sufficiently capable of introducing a wide enough variety of packets for them to be all useful in testing. If you find any, please send email to me at darrenr@pobox.com IPRESEND(1)