Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity WebApp secure access to protected files/programs Post 302504848 by DGPickett on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 03:15:34 PM
Old 03-15-2011
Some sort of localhost listening service suggests itself to me, so there is only one actor modifying things, serving connections and accepting in rotation. Tight limits on types of modification, modification requests very structured, update not insert/delete, send warning email to user for every change. That is a start, at least.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

secure access using sudo

I just need to know what should be done on a login user so that no one can access it except through sudo i.e. telnet server login: user NO ACCESS telnet server login: mylogin sudo - user <any command> ACCESS GRANTED thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What programs access shared library file

I was curious how to tell which programs are accessing a file (libobjc.A.dylib) in /usr/lib This file seems to be the culprit in a bunch of Safari crashes, and I just wanted to know if and what other programs use it. Also, I was curious what a good way to find out what files are being written... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping files <password protected>

Hie Friends, I need your help once again. I have 77 “password protected” winzip files in linux/unix server. I want to decrypt it through an automated script. Password of every file is same and it is mhd*tt. Please help me. Usually I unzip it as follows, manually one by one. unzip <file name> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

4. Debian

Secure ftp access to outside chroot

I want to setup ftp on my home server running debian 5.0 I found this guide and have read it carefully. Virtual Hosting With PureFTPd And MySQL (Incl. Quota And Bandwidth Management) On Debian Lenny | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials Before I install/config it I want to know if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access/run c programs on Putty?

Hi all, I wrote a couple noobie programs and had them compiled over Putty (using gcc), but I don't know what command I should use to run them. Please assume that I'm a complete noob when it comes to programming and putty commands. Thank you for your help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Recycalable
1 Replies

6. Programming

Regarding the protected variables access

Hello forum, I am siva working as programmer .I was blocked with the below issue so please help any of the forum memebers. testve.h class cv { protected : struct state; state& m_state; }; testVe.cpp struct state { m_size; } the above are 2 files which have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
3 Replies
rpc.nfsd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       rpc.nfsd(8)

NAME
rpc.nfsd - NFS server process SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd [options] nproc DESCRIPTION
The rpc.nfsd program implements the user level part of the NFS service. The main functionality is handled by the nfsd kernel module. The user space program merely specifies what sort of sockets the kernel service should listen on, what NFS versions it should support, and how many kernel threads it should use. The rpc.mountd server provides an ancillary service needed to satisfy mount requests by NFS clients. OPTIONS
-d or --debug enable logging of debugging messages -H or --host hostname specify a particular hostname (or address) that NFS requests will be accepted on. By default, rpc.nfsd will accept NFS requests on all known network addresses. Note that lockd (which performs file locking services for NFS) may still accept request on all known network addresses. This may change in future releases of the Linux Kernel. -p or --port port specify a diferent port to listen on for NFS requests. By default, rpc.nfsd will listen on port 2049. -N or --no-nfs-version vers This option can be used to request that rpc.nfsd does not offer certain versions of NFS. The current version of rpc.nfsd can support both NFS version 2,3 and the newer version 4. -s or --syslog By default, rpc.nfsd logs error messages (and debug messages, if enabled) to stderr. This option makes rpc.nfsd log these messages to syslog instead. Note that errors encountered during option processing will still be logged to stderr regardless of this option. -T or --no-tcp Disable rpc.nfsd from accepting TCP connections from clients. -U or --no-udp Disable rpc.nfsd from accepting UDP connections from clients. nproc specify the number of NFS server threads. By default, just one thread is started. However, for optimum performance several threads should be used. The actual figure depends on the number of and the work load created by the NFS clients, but a useful starting point is 8 threads. Effects of modifying that number can be checked using the nfsstat(8) program. Note that if the NFS server is already running, then the options for specifying host, port, and protocol will be ignored. The number of processes given will be the only option considered, and the number of active nfsd processes will be increased or decreased to match this number. In particular rpc.nfsd 0 will stop all threads and thus close any open connections. NOTES
If the program is built with TI-RPC support, it will enable any protocol and address family combinations that are marked visible in the netconfig database. SEE ALSO
rpc.mountd(8), exports(5), exportfs(8), rpc.rquotad(8), nfsstat(8), netconfig(5). AUTHOR
Olaf Kirch, Bill Hawes, H. J. Lu, G. Allan Morris III, and a host of others. 7 Aug 2006 rpc.nfsd(8)