Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart Question: Update Image? Post 302503670 by Celtic_Monkey on Friday 11th of March 2011 09:24:27 AM
Old 03-11-2011
./setup-install-server is the correct method to add the iso into the jumpstart tree.
there are however a number of caveats:
did you overwrite the existing iso image (location) that was on the jumpstart server? or did you install to another directory.

the error you are getting means the system cannot boot the kernel - depending on what you have done - it may be necessary to update /etc/bootparams (add_install_client) - make sure you have the right architecture in the command line & iso (root) location.

has this ever worked with the jumpstart server in question? do the sysidcfg / profile configurations exist?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding Solaris 10 x86 Update.

:) I have question regarding Solaris 10 x86 Update ,does it require sunsolve account and if am using Solaris 10 x86 for learning ,how to get sunsolve account with out a contract number .i am very in need for this update . Please if any can help, help is highly appreciated :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibasit
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Jumpstart with image problem

Hello, I did this perfectly fine with S10Update3. But with S10Update4 something is strange a) For some reason when I am moving to Update 4, it keeps prompting for name service etc etc. But this goes away if I give nfs4_domain=dynamic in the sysidcfg file. This was not happening for Update3. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naanu
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Jumpstart basic question

Hello All, Do I really need to add the install server name in the /etc/hosts file? Why do we need to add? If I don't add it is not working. Isn't it only arp/rarp works here? I thought it works in mac address level. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris JumpStart Image on Floppy?

I was wondering if there was a Solaris JumpStart image small enough to fit on a floppy. The computer I want to JumpStart doesn't have a CD drive. If so, where could I download it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

does ddrescue or dd has capability to update the content of an image file

Hi I would like to ask about the ddrescue or dd command imaging tool. is dd or ddrescue has a capability to update the created image so that i would not create a new image again if i want run the dd or ddrescue again. or if i will place it in the schedule task.. If not then is someone knows... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart Question

Hi Guys, I am little bit confused about jumpstart on solaris 10. Do you need the mac address for each system you intend to jumpstart? If you need the mac address, how will you get it? Say your server is in another location and you want to jumpstart it, how will you do it? Clarification on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

8. Programming

Javascript question: using the image button

I have javascript that I want to use to build up a dynamic array: the user clicks on one or more images and when clicking the Show button, the list of image names is displayed that the user clicked. <script type="text/javascript"> var images = ; images =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 pkg update question

Hi, I am trying to update my Solaris 11 system's Java 7 version to 1.7.0.65. I tried to do a pke update, and it only updated it to version 60. When I do a pkg list or search, i can see 65 is available but it wont update to it. I am getting this error, and I do not know how to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

New UserCP Update Profile Image Page (UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485)

Update! UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7485 Created a new page for uploaded a profile picture (profile pictures are different than avatar pictures). https://www.unix.com/usercp/#/settings/other https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums225-picture1158.png ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)